Remote control mapping (1 Viewer)

jensemanden

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have just got myself a microsoft remote control but have trouble making my own buttons.

Is it possible to make a button that swicht/toggle between programmes and one button to close your external media player ? like bsplayer ?

ktjensen

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
yes. there is a plugin that allows you do to all that. I did not have success as I like my existing driver for the remote (which lets me control ITUNES automatically).

jensemanden

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Whats the name of the plugin ? is it MCE Replacement Plugin cause i cant install it properly :( says something about the plugin doesnt works with my version of MP :(

im using MP 0.2.2.0

ktjensen

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Whats the name of the plugin ? is it MCE Replacement Plugin cause i cant install it properly :( says something about the plugin doesnt works with my version of MP :(

im using MP 0.2.2.0

Yes it is. You may have to upgrade to the latest experiment version of MP.

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MCEReplacementPlugin/

I was able to get this plugin working, but I had to do a lot of work with new drivers, and settings adjustments. I then abandoned the effort and rolled back to before the plugin, as it was not as functional as I needed it to be.

jensemanden

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It works now i found a different version of MCE replacement with an installer included. So now it works.

Just wondering how to make the macros to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
Replies
Views
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
Replies
Views
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom