Remote control MediaPortal/HTPC from Android (or iPhone, maybe WinMo...) (1 Viewer)

aikeru

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've written an app I currently call "Andramote" to remote control my MediaPortal Home Theatre PC from my Android smartphone. Here's how it works:

- Small, lightweight C# "webserver" sits on your HTPC, runs on startup
- Navigate to the ip/hostname/port of your HTPC with your Android/iPhone
- You are served with an HTML5 app with buttons that are attached to AJAX events that, when sent back to your HTPC, press buttons/etc on your HTPC.

I did this because my remote broke and I needed a solution. :)
I am considering open-sourcing this and just releasing it out to the community so others can expand on my humble beginning. It should be really easy to extend as it's all C# / JavaScript / HTML.

It is a bit messy and very minimal on functionality right now so I'm wondering how much interest there is as well. This could easily work with WinMo, too, just that WinMo does not have an HTML5 browser so separate markup/etc. would need to be added.

My original thread for this is on another forum in XDA so please kindly respond there if you're interested! Thanks!
[App] Remote control MediaPortal/HTPC from Android (or iPhone, maybe WinMo...) - xda-developers

aikeru

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow, so there is, and it's been around for some time too!!
This looks like it would more than meet my needs and is open source...

Chalk it up to experience I guess. :) I'll be sure to link your project in my XDA post and give it a try.

I do notice that iPiMP seems to require Apache to run -- this is an all-in-one just execute the console app and go solution.
I'll send you an e-mail via the forum with some questions.... :) Thanks for your hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom