Remote Control (1 Viewer)

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi guys,

I recently built a second MP for my brand new 50" Plasma TV in the family room.. Anyways... Upstairs I have a great Microsoft MCE remote with the ability to control my Amp and TV. I realise now that this remote is no more available and I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. I have the receiver though... I once had one MCE Remote die on me and I bought an other one and kept the receiver...

What do you guys uses. I love the green button, and if possible I'd like to have similar remote... If I have to I'll buy two identical remote for both MP. Both of my MediaCenter work in Windows XP Pro and both have the MCE Receiver up and running, right now I use the remote from upstairs to "play" with the big tv ...

I've seen the Logitech Harmony 300 that is somewhat affordable, but I fear I'll be missing the green button... I don't have a STB nor use the TV Tuner, 100% of the content played on my TVs come from MP, I have to control the Power ON/OFF of the TV and the Amp and control the volume of the Amp.

MageMinds, waiting for your suggestions.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Remote Control

Your right about the green button on logitech harmonies but you can place it as a soft key in the display. So I would recommend to give it a try. Especially as you want to control mp, tv and amp simultaneously.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I finally gave up searching for a cheap solution... I'll probably order two Harmony 650, I fear that the 300 will not handle all the geek in me... I hope the Harmony will handle my Harman Kardon AV Receiver better than the Microsoft remote did...

Thanks for your input!

MageMinds

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Remote Control

Yeah, I think your right, the 650 is the better choice. Before I didn't think about the fact that the 300 doesn't come with a display. The 650 is able to control 5 devices. If this is sufficient for you, you should be happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom