Remote Guide Feature (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I already understand that supporting the streaming of tuner cards would take quite a bit of development so I have an alternative feature that would suite at least my needs for a client/server system.

Would it be possible to have the 'recording schedule' control a remote computer's tuners and not the current computer's tuners?

For instance.
One could have a server with 4 tuners running Media Portal and another (client) computer running 1 tuner in its own box. The client box would be able to browse the guide(which would be aware of the 4 tuners in the remote server) and instead of recording the shows on the client, it would off-load the recording comands and schedules to the server PC. This would allow the client pc to still watch tv/timeshift the (active) channel but be as slim/light as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
Replies
Views
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
We have just released MediaPortal 1.30 - Ukraine Highlights of this release Improvement / Rework: [MP1-5092] - Update MediaInfo...
Replies
Views
I have added missing fields to schedule structure, with "-1" as default for margins. According to comments this should apply the configured pre- and post record margins of TvMosaic. Please extract the TvMosaic.API.dll into ProgramFiles\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.TvMosaicProvider and then create a new schedule. Please...
I have added missing fields to schedule structure, with "-1" as default for margins. According to comments this should apply the...
The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: New: Improvement /...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom