Remote HID compatibility question (1 Viewer)

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm currently wondering whether the remote I received in my television tuner card's retail packaging is compatible with the HID profiles supplied in MediaPortal. I unfortunately can't access an independent source of IR.exe without downloading and installing Hauppauge WinTV software.

So if anyone can please answer whether it is compatible and/or provide a file or set of files which have compatibility that would be appreciated.

It is a Hauppauge model remote PT# R-005 it uses a watch type battery for power and is black in colour.

Thanks,

MrGrymReaper

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In MediaPortal configuration, in the remote control configuration section it reads in red you need to be running Windows XP SP2 to use a Hauppauge remote?

Strange because you can't even run the newer versions of MediaPortal on Windows XP anymore.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I unfortunately can't access an independent source of IR.exe without downloading and installing Hauppauge WinTV software.
    It is usually supplied somewhere within the support/download section for the specific tuner you have on Hauppauge's website. Having said that, it does not appear to be available for the quad [which your forum profile says you have]. I jumped over to the page for the HVR-2200 and grabbed the following link from the accessories tab:
    http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/remote_control/2_68_30339_ir32.exe

For some reason that link didn't appear to be working at present, so I jumped over to the American Hauppauge website (hauppauge.com) and grabbed the following link from the page for the WinTV NOVA S Plus:
    http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/IR32.exe

So if anyone can please answer whether it is compatible
    I suspect it won't be straight out of the box, simply because it's newish. It shouldn't be too hard to make it compatible if you'd be willing to put in a little time.

In MediaPortal configuration, in the remote control configuration section it reads in red you need to be running Windows XP SP2 to use a Hauppauge remote?
    The requirement for XP SP2 is out of date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom