4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: dscaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
[Remote: x10 remote meedio model
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: s-video

I did a new install of my pc with the latest mediaportal version. But my remote is not working.

In a previous release it worked fine in combination with the inputdevice manager and the x10 remote plugin.

If i run the setup and go to remote and then to the tab X10. here I select meedio. At the button by status i see the message "you have to use the driver below, or your remote will not work with mediaportal". But i have already installed the drivers. Also a reinstall did not solve anything.

If you have an idea or a simimlar problem (with solution), would be great

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Probably not helpfull, but I use a X10 RF-remote (Medion) with the drover spes. above, and everything works like a charm. You tried presseing the "learn"-button?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It might be, that the driver is listening on one channel and the remote is set to another. Check that with your driver and remote.

ronaldus

Portal Member
    August 29, 2005
    Probably not helpfull, but I use a X10 RF-remote (Medion) with the drover spes. above, and everything works like a charm. You tried presseing the "learn"-button?

But do you also have this message:
    At the button by status i see the message "you have to use the driver below, or your remote will not work with mediaportal"

Or do you get another message??

ronaldus

Portal Member
    August 29, 2005
    I checked also the other channels, but there is nothing happening. Are there other things that could be wrong?

ronaldus

Portal Member
    August 29, 2005
    My remote is still not working. I reinstalled the X10 drivers, but still see the same message If i run the setup and go to remote and then to the tab X10. At the button by status i see the message "you have to use the driver below, or your remote will not work with mediaportal".

In previous releases of Mediaportal I used the inputdevicemapper with the x10 plugin, and that worked fine.

Has anybody a suggestion what could cause this problem?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi ronaldus,

I've been working on that area of the code recently. The message shows up no matter what you do or don't have installed.

Do you have a link as to what remote this is? I'm unaware of a Meedio remote (and I spent a decent amount of time on their forums).

Search your harddrive for x10net.dll. When you find that folder, open a command window in that folder and type

regsvr32 x10net.dll

If that doesn't work, let me know.

~Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom