Remote Issue - Antec Fusion + MP + Harmony 550 (1 Viewer)

superman859

Portal Member
June 20, 2009
I'm having some trouble getting MP configured correctly with a harmony 550. I have

Win XP Pro SP3
Harmony 550
Antec Fusion case w/ IR receiver
MP

The remote kind of controls mediaportal, but not very much. The directional pad on the remote works like the up/down/left/right arrow keys do for mediaportal to navigate the menus, and the Ok button on the remote works like enter. This seems to be about all that works. I cannot figure out how to exit media portal, go back to a previous menu, pause a video once running (started using Ok button), etc.

I'm mainly interested to know if it is possible to program the remote to open MediaPortal, and also pause when using 'Watch Videos' as these are the two features I would need most in addition to the arrow key functions that do work. To pause, the spacebar on a keyboard works.

I went to MP Config and set it to MCE remote with default config. I noticed that the mapping shows Play button mapped to play, pause button mapped to pause, etc. However, when I actually push the buttons, the VFD on my computer case says 'No Defined Command' for all of those buttons.

I'm wondering if some general MCE remote software needs to be installed. Where are these commands actually defined in XP Pro? Also, I noticed there are some commands on my remote for blue button, yellow button, etc. - what do these do? I have no idea - where would they be mapped? Similarly, some buttons have the VFD display "Quick Launch" as if it should be starting an application, yet no application opens. Do these have to be programmed somewhere?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i have the same configuration like you, but i use the Harmony with iMon Pad configuration instead of MCE.
    You can try this with iMon software.

superman859

Portal Member
    June 20, 2009
    Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to head that route as I think it would be the best. I found some instructions on setting it up, but I have one issue that seems to stop it all.

I downloaded iMon Manager after putting iMon pad on the harmony remote. However, the first step in the instructions I found was to change the controller type to iMon Pad. Unfortunately, the controller type is grayed out - it is stuck on MCE remote. Any ideas why it is grayed out and I cannot change the type?

Once I can get the remote type changed, I think I should be able to get it set up and working. I'm also hoping that maybe the iMon settings will not interfere with the xbox 360 sitting in the same area as well - with MCE remote settings some of the buttons turn the xbox 360 on - I imagine because it uses MCE type remote as well.

Anyways, just wondering if you knew how to get that controller type changed or if this was an issue at all for you or not.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI,
    i don't have this problem at all, but i read it somewhere else. Try to search this forum, mybe there is a solution or contact Soundgraph.

superman859

Portal Member
    June 20, 2009
    Thanks for the advice. I may look for it or contact them - it was a pain to deal with. I would install the software, and when first launched it I could click add / delete buttons for the remote and could add some iMon remotes (although there was no PAD option, just EX and a couple others, or generic RC). I would switch to it and everything would seem fine until I restarted the computer / program / anything related to it. After restart, it ALWAYS showed MCE as the remote and the only button was 'refresh'. No way to change it without uninstalling and reinstalling the software, to repeat the whole process.

For now I just ended up playing with the MCE remote settings in iMon manager and harmony software until I got something that seems to work out. It seems there are more options such as 'exit' and things like that on imon controllers than MCE (thus matching the harmony 550 better), but I just used the red, green, blue, and yellow keys to map those as needed - it just doesn't make as much sense as mapping exit to 'exit' or something similar. But, it works well enough to use now at least. However, if I come across more functions that I need, I'm out of colored keys to map with so I'm not sure what I will use - I also have to avoid certain key mappings such as 'media center' since certain ones turn the xbox on as well.

Oh well - thanks for the help! If I need to switch the remote control type, I will try to find out why the software won't let me change the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom