Remove Scrambled Channels (1 Viewer)

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When scanning for QAM channels in MP it routinly inlcudes in the scan results encrpted channles or others that cause an error message along the lines of NoAudioVideoDetected so I have to check each channel that the scan finds and remove the "bad" channels. Would it be possible to simply have the scan result no include these in the first place? When I try the uncheck / delete encrypted button it does nothing to fix this issue :(

I also encounter problems where in MP TV stations get reported as radio channels, but when I try to re-enter the information from the radio entry in the TV channel listings I get error such as NoAudioVideoDetected

mizzourob

RedPenguin

Portal Member
    February 1, 2009
    Yea....

When scanning for QAM channels in MP it routinly inlcudes in the scan results encrpted channles or others that cause an error message along the lines of NoAudioVideoDetected so I have to check each channel that the scan finds and remove the "bad" channels. Would it be possible to simply have the scan result no include these in the first place? When I try the uncheck / delete encrypted button it does nothing to fix this issue :(

I also encounter problems where in MP TV stations get reported as radio channels, but when I try to re-enter the information from the radio entry in the TV channel listings I get error such as NoAudioVideoDetected

mizzourob

I have a similar issue but what's weird for me is, many of the "Scrambled" results play fine in WinTV. (I have a WinTV HVR-950Q).

I hope someone knows what is going on in both of our cases.

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I agree wholeheartedly with the original post in this thread...

*clicking "uncheck encrypted channels" does nothing
    *it's an incredible pain to manually preview and remove scrambled channels.

When scanning for QAM channels, sometimes I get as many as 40 valid frequencies for a given megahertz.

Of all those frequencies, *MAYBE* one of the frequencies is a valid unscrambled channel.

even some sort of plugin to go through all the frequencies and remove the scrambled ones would be enough of a solution.

esprit

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    I have written a routine to fix this is TV Server

I would like to submitt this if someone can tell me what is needed to submit code changes to MP

esprit

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Submited

I submitted the patch hopefully it will be approved.

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    I can't wait to see the patch...this could save me a lot of wasted time whenever I have to remap my channels!

:D

esprit

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Scrambled channels Patch

The patch has been added to SVN.

My next submission will be Blind Scan, which should also be very usefull for QAM / Cable tuners.

esprit

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Blindscan

When you are looking at a cable feed some providers use non-standard frequencies, not only those that are published on Wikipedia etc. So you might have access to multiple channels that are FTA and are available, but are not on the standard frequencies, that are present in the QAM tunning file.

A blind scan will allow to enter starting frequency / end frequency and step mode, and will scan all those frequencies for channels. Then as a next step you should be able to choose the scan mode ie; FTA, Radio or All, which will eliminate all the FTA? but scrambled channels as well, during the initial scan.

This looks to be common with most Satellite receivers. I would like to integrate that as well into the satellite cards, but I am now looking into ATSC first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom