Remove tv card from TV server config (1 Viewer)

Jare

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

I uppdated my tv card driver and now i have 4 cards in tv server setup insted of 2, and it say unknown on 2 of them. How can i remove them from tv server? I did try to use the remove button but next time i open tv server config they are back.:confused:

I am using windows vista 64 bit.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I really would delete the old TVServer database, one way is with MSSql management express or uninstall TVServer and plugin and select delete settings when prompted too.

Reinstall using advanced settings and select TVServer and plugin only to be installed, you should now have a clean db, the bad news is you now have to reconfigure everything todo with tv\radio and reimport your old recordings.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having played around with it in the past when upgraded my drivers, I can confirm quickest and easiest is do a reinstall. (I spent far my time trying to fix than when I gave up and did reinstall):)

Da_JoJo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    same here ...

after looking around i found out that the setuptv.exe whenever executed writes to the dir :

c:\documents and settings/all users/application data/team mediaportal/mediaportal tv server/analog card

the "online" cards config gets written there. however the numbers and cards you see in the window are in the database. So it comes down to deleting these references, which doesn't seem to work when one tries to delete them in the configuration window. it does not work on RC3 nor the latest svn build

Major_Mess

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2006
    Did this ever get fixed? v1.0.1 still seems to have issues. Seems crazy to have to uninstall and clean just to add/remove tv cards.

TV Server seems to function OK with the problem, but as errors are logged, the log file is growing at a great rate. Also the error is logged even tho the card is not selected for use by MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom