Removed channels from "All Channels" group reappear after starting MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Terriff

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
I have an "All Channels" (idGroup = 1) and "Adult" (idGroup = 2) channel group set.

If I remove adult channels from the "All Channels" group in the TV Server Configuration (by going to the TV Channels -> TV Groups -> Mapping tab), they reappear when starting MediaPortal.

I confirmed this by performing the following Select (your channel IDs may vary):

SELECT idMap, idGroup, idChannel, SortOrder
FROM GroupMap
WHERE (idChannel > 48) AND (idChannel < 51)

As soon as I opened MP, I saw 2 new rows show up associated with the group ID from where I had removed them.

You can also reproduce this by removing some channels in TV Server Config, open MP, go to TV Guide, close MP, re-open TV Server Config and check the channel group mappings. The channels you removed will be back in the All Channels list.

Thanks!

TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 SVN Rev18530
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN Rev18530
MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2 - hotfixes from RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.2.1, March 2, 2008
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 - 2.33GHz
HDD: Hitachi - 500GB Deskstar T7K500 SATA II
Memory: Patriot - Extreme Performance DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-73PVM-S2H w/ Geforce 7100
Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i Chipset
Motherboard Bios: Award BIOS - v. F6
Video Card: XFX 8500GT 256MB
Video Card Driver: nVidia 6.14.11.6932 (Date: 2008.01.09)
Sound Card: Realtek ALC889A codec
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5591 (Date: 2008.03.26)
1. TV Card: TechnoTrend S2-3200 Budget
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: TechnoTrend BDA 4.4.10.18
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Nimiq 2 82°W, Nimiq 1 91°W
HTPC Case: ANTEC - VERIS Fusion Black 430
Cooling: 2 x 120mm case fans, stock Intel Core2Duo fan
Power Supply: 430W provided with case
Remote: Logitech Harmony 688 / TechnoTrend S2-3200
TV: Acer 22 inch LCD monitor
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
i can confirm it. The problem, that this group will be automatically created even if it has been deleted before. Normally the number of channels available are more than 2000. It takes a time to create this group also. If the group exists, all available channels, which does not belong to this group, will be automatically added to this group. I would suggest to developers to remove this "bad" feature or make it optional via configuration at least.

Terriff

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
...or, perhaps, remove the ability to remove channels from the "All Channels" group if changing this group isn't allowed (and make the UI clear as to why it can't be done).

In the meantime, I guess I can just create a "My All Channels" or something. Still, it's quite confusing and clumsy. I think a little UI change would resolve the problem if a functionality change is out of the question.

Thanks

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes - you're right. The delete controls should be disabled for the group then..

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    my opinion, that this group must not be created automatically in MediaPortal. It takes a time to create this group automatically because the number of all channels can be very large (ex. 2000-3000 from Astra/Hotbird). Normally each user creates own groups to have the desired channels easy accessible. All other channels normally will not be used at all. The second problem, if you use another language (not english and not german) this group will be created with localized text, but will be displayed as ?????? in MediaPortal. This group should be created automatically only when the database is created. Each user can create such group by himself anytime if the group was deleted before. So i think it is no need to create this group atomatically as well as to add not assigned channels to this group.
    Regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    Not really a bug since All channels are created on os language to have them all on all clients, just move the all channels to last view & use your own group. For now this it's how it behave & not a bug.....

Regards
    Roy

Terriff

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    ...just move the all channels to last view & use your own group. For now this it's how it behave & not a bug.....
    That's exactly what I did. :) It works nicely now.

I think there just needs to be some UI changes / self-documenting UI surrounding the "All Channels" to remove confusion for users and this won't be an issue anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom