Rename database expansion assistance (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

<rename id="tt0023551" title="Tarzan the Ape Man" />
    <rename id="tt0053335" title="Tarzan, the Ape Man (Remake)" />
    <rename id="tt0083170" title="Tarzan the Ape Man (Cult)" />

I'll get to work on some titles for 'T' and ship them over for your perusal as soon as I've completed a few.

Weird, I know MovPic strips weird chars from filename when it builds the cover name, such as ':', but I thought it kept the comma. So yes, then we need to make entries for those, as the 2nd-goal for this method is to make sure covers are unique when you navigate MovPic.

Remember though to not add any entries that rename into the same title. So leave out:

<rename id="tt0023551" title="Tarzan the Ape Man" />

But the rest is fine, though need to add that comma to the 1981 one, and remove it from the remake. This way the remake is then grouped to the 1939 one with the same title start, and the 1981 one keeps its original title with the moniker. Reason the 1959 one needs the comma removed is because otherwise it groups with the cult one and it is not a remake of that one.

Also I'm still trying to get through the last section with letters 'K' to 'S' with about 80 entries (I did U-Z already), so just save your 'T' contributions until I post back that I'm done with mine (assuming I even get to finish before you), so you can give me all you have and if needed we can both finish the rest. No sense updating inbetween.

:D

aquilan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

But the rest is fine, though need to add that comma to the 1981 one, and remove it from the remake. This way the remake is then grouped to the 1939 one with the same title start, and the 1981 one keeps its original title with the moniker. Reason the 1959 one needs the comma removed is because otherwise it groups with the cult one and it is not a remake of that one.

Yes, that makes sense. I'll make the changes and add it to my 'T' collection.

Also I'm still trying to get through the last section with letters 'K' to 'S' with about 80 entries (I did U-Z already), so just save your 'T' contributions until I post back that I'm done with mine (assuming I even get to finish before you), so you can give me all you have and if needed we can both finish the rest. No sense updating inbetween.

No problem, will keep hold of the 'T' material until you request what I have. Will let you know if I've finished before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom