Rename series from epg data (1 Viewer)

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi.

Want to use TVSeries with series you have recorded from tv? Renamer helps with that. As long as there is matching data in thetvdb.com and in your epg data file. Renamer is used to rename your series to a syntax that TVSeries understands. You can completely define the folder and the name of new file.

Renamer handles 4TR's alternative stream (ForTheRecord.xml (check with "notepad.exe video.ts:ForTheRecord.xml")) and TVServers ".xml" file.

Renamer has string replacements for improved match making with thetvdb.com data and regular expressions for the hard cases when you need to extract several data from one field. (We have episode name and overview in same description field in Finland).

Try to extract data with Renamer GUI and create parse file to do this automatically in the future.

There is a readme.txt file in package. More information about this program in there..

4TR database renaming works with 1.4 & 1.4.0.1..

This is a command line tool and should be used as post-recording processing command with a file as an argument. There is also graphical ui which is mainly used for creating parsedata.xml and for testing.

I fixed some small bugs for 0.7 and improved match making. (Trims spaces before and after strings & made it case insensitive). It's final version.

Br, Testimies.

ps. Thanks to TV-Series team. Without example of your code I couldn't do this. (My first c# program..). And maybe in the future this kind of feature is integrated in the TV-Series... (or even better in 4TR/tvserver. It could name recorded files straight to correct syntax. (...and now it is in 4TR For The Record - View topic - Season/Episode info from thetvdb.com in EPG data))

Attachments

• Renamer_0.5.zip
    30.6 KB
  • Renamer_0.6.zip
    30.6 KB
  • Renamer_0.7.zip
    30.6 KB

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
your a godsend...I think this is exactly what I and every other 4tr user is looking for.
That said, I seem to be having trouble. Not sure if I have installed this correct. Not very bright some days and it is monday..sigh.
Anyway, I moved the folder into the 4therecords services folder and ran the gui. I picked a file and pressed the parse button. It gave me a message about "could not Find EPG file". I am using 4therecord 1.4 if that makes a difference. Also I see there are some specific 4ftr files...are they supposed to go somewhere different.

Let me know please.

I am running a test as a post processing function this morning. I am wondering if the EPG data just wasn't there for the file. It was a few days old.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Rickyg,

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who needs this kind of feature..

I think that the problem is that I use this software with 4TR1.3.3. At least logs say that 4TR initialization has failed. Those 4TR dll files are from 1.3.3.. (Maybe just copying new 1.4's dll's is sufficient)

I think I could also move to 4TR 1.4 and try to get it work for me. I'll get back after that. Hopefully during this week with new version.

Folder can be anywhere on your computer. It shouldn't matter..

Br, Testimies

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who needs this kind of feature..
You are not the only one. This looks like a really good concept.

I think that the problem is that I use this software with 4TR1.3.3. At least logs say that 4TR initialization has failed. Those 4TR dll files are from 1.3.3.. (Maybe just copying new 1.4's dll's is sufficient)
Unfortunately copying the 1.4 dll doesn't work.

Looking forward to the next version.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
I tried the DLLs as well...boom...blew up in my face...lol
I can't wait to see this work. I think if it was run in combination with a comskip post process, it would be incredible.
Record, rename and remove commercials...then copy them right over to the correct directory and viola...MyTV series picks it up.

One step at a time though.

Cheers

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I added version that supports 4TR 1.4. I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Rickyg, if I remember correctly, Comskip doesn't rename file. You can first run Comskip and then Renamer as processing commands in 4TR. There of course will be problems, if 4TR is trying to do them both at the same time. I guess it will wait for first processing command to end before running the next one. Copying it to correct directory is trickier with current Renamer. 4TR doesn't know the new name of series file..

Where would you want it to be copied? I could of course integrate copy feature in Renamer..

Br, Testimies

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Still not working for me. I still get then message "Could not find EPG file".

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

If you are using Renamer GUI with 4TR, change path syntax from 'c:\something\something.ts' to '\\HTPC\something\something.ts'. 4TR uses share paths. Unfortunately Renamer GUI cannot make this conversion. (i.e. I couldn't make such program.) You have to press OK for "Could not find EPG file" warning and manually do the change. Then press "Find and parse epg file" button.

This isn't problem with command line Renamer which is used with 4TR/TVServer. Those programs gives file location in correct syntax.

If you are not using GUI, please add debug.txt (it's for command line). (debugGUI.txt is for GUI version). Maybe I could find some clue..

Btw. If you are trying this with old recording, make sure that it can be found in 4TR Management Console's "Recordings->Recorded Programs". I lost 4TR's data of my old recordings when I updated it to 1.4.. If 4TR has lost epg data of a recording, then Renamer cannot help..

Testimies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom