Renaming default plugins like "My TV" (1 Viewer)

NewUser

Portal Pro
January 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
1.) How do I rename the "plugins" that shows up on the main start up screen. I know under configuration you can take away the prefix "my". I would like to rename "(my) TV" to "Live TV".

2.) Can I have three copies of "(My) Videos" on the main screen but renamed to the following "Foreign Film", "Movies", "HD Movies".
For the foreign film, can I use it to scrape some other movie database that would have foreign films? Thanks all. I have been looking in the configuration and also the various xml files and cannot see it anywhere.

Thanks all. :D

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    1.) How do I rename the "plugins" that shows up on the main start up screen. I know under configuration you can take away the prefix "my". I would like to rename "(my) TV" to "Live TV".

Take a look in the language folder in your MP installation. You have to edit the strings*.xml file of the language you're using. Just search for TV inside of it and replace the string.

Example with strings_en.xml
    Code:
    <String id="605" prefix="My ">TV</String>

2.) Can I have three copies of "(My) Videos" on the main screen but renamed to the following "Foreign Film", "Movies", "HD Movies".
    For the foreign film, can I use it to scrape some other movie database that would have foreign films? Thanks all. I have been looking in the configuration and also the various xml files and cannot see it anywhere.

Currently would be difficult without changing a lot in the skin and using some plugins. Maybe it would be easier to just create three folders with that name and move the movies inside there. Configure these in My Movies and they are shown inside MP. Using a custom folder.jpg file would also display a nice picture then.

NewUser

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks renaming it in the languages worked a treat. I would press "thanks" but I can't find the button (still new to the forum)

Is there a way to make it scan by folder name? And also add in other DB sites for asian movies?

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

I would like to see this as well.. I have my movies setup with a DB, so to watch music videos and series that dont show up in tv-series plugin I have to switch between shares and title view.. But I guess there is no way to clone the my videos plugin :( Would have been cooler to have a menu item called 'music videos' that took me straight to the music video folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom