Renaming Files / Using "own" scripts (1 Viewer)

hanoota

Portal Pro
June 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

I'm used to tagg the filenames with "_" instead of a space character or filenames to lowercase. That's the way I would like to rename the filenames, because it is more clearly for me.
At the moment there is no function that could do this, right? (only a function for uppercase as i see)

So I was wondering how the scripts at "MPTagThat" work. But only hwahrmann as coder ist able to produce scripts (or at least we need a tutorial how it works).

In MP3Tag there is function called "Action". There you can bundle a lot of functions and processes, so you just need one click to perform the action. (Screenshot in the attachment)

It would be great if "MPTagThat" could have such one-click-scripts too. That's the only feature that i missed in "MPTagThat". Apart from that big thanks to the author hwahrmann! The software is nearly perfect ;)

Attachments

• mp3tag.jpg
    mp3tag.jpg
    53.6 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The scripting engine has the advantage that you could do anything, which is possible with C#.
    i will include a sample script in the next release, which does what you want.

lower case the filename and replace all spaces with "_". Correct?

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok thank you very much!
    but it would be easier for the most user i think if you would implement "one-click-scripts" ;)
    So people could just type in the letter/additional character that should be replaced by a letter/additional character (just one example for one function).
    Everybody is able to build his own script without knowing C#. That's very comfortable for users.

But it's your decision, you are the developer :)

/edit: Yes thats correct. But replacing all spaces only in the filename ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom