Renaming files with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside MovPic config at the advanced settings you have two sections for rename, one for individual files and one for multi-parts... did you perhaps put your changes into the wrong one?

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the reply. So I took a picture of what the settings look like so I could ask an intelligent questions.

I liked the pattern that I found in the mediaportal site so I used the following:
    ${movie.title} (${movie.year}) [${movie.imdb_id}] ${moviepart}

This is what I pasted into the File Rename Pattern and the Directory Rename Pattern

Here is what I see:
    File Renamer
    File Rename Pattern
    Directory Rename Pattern
    Multi-Part Rename Pattern

For the Multi-Part it says at the bottom

When using the file renamer functionality, this filename pattern will be appended to the regular pattern for movies made up of multiple files.

I didn't put anything in here except what was in there by default (Part #)

I didn't think that when I asked the renamer to rename my movie 127 hours that it would add the Part# since there is only 1 part.

Hope you can help my confusion.

Thanks
    -S

Attachments

• moving picture renamer 2.JPG
      moving picture renamer 2.JPG
      97.7 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I actually never used the system myself yet (always something else pops up) on my production box, but I've ran some tests a while back.

If memory serves me you simply use "${movie.title} (${movie.year}) [${movie.imdb_id}]" for the File Rename Pattern and Directory pattern.

The multi-part stuff is then *ADDED* to that when a multi-part movie is detected. But because you had '${moviepart}' as part of the single file pattern as well is why you got (Part #) added to even single files.

It has been a while though, so perhaps it changed, but doesn't the wiki explain this in more detail?

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks RoChess!

You nailed it on the head! I tried looking in the mediaportal wiki and it pointed me to the moving picture wiki, but it didn't speak to using the renamer in either of these places. Maybe my search missed it within the wiki?

I took out the '${moviepart}' and then it work like it should. Leaving out the part when there was just one file and adding either "part 1" or "part 2" at the end of the file. The # sign was replaced by the part number (1,2,3,etc.)

When I get a bit of time maybe I'll edit the wiki.

Thanks for the help
    -S

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i use moving pics and never even realised this feature existed lol, many thanks for this as its saved me a lot of work (y)

pratya92

September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Bangladesh Bangladesh
    Hi,

I am using KrojamSoft BatchRenameFiles Tool as it is a powerful tool, that allows you to quickly rename all the files in a specified directory. You can remove spaces, replace spaces with underscore, Uppercase/lowercase filename, add a prefix/suffix, remove/replace strings and also catalog files by adding an incremental number to the file name.With BatchRenameFiles Tool, you can quickly and easily change the name, attributes of files/folders. It can sort file names by name, date, time. Supported preview mode of all changes before making them.

Thanks,

Dorian Markich

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have nearly a same problem when i rename a multipart video. e.g the hobbit: when i have "the hobbit part 1.mkv" and "the hobbit part 2.mkv", mp will rename the nfo file to "the hobbit part 1.mkv".

is there something i can avoid this? that mp will take the movie name for renaiming the nfo-file?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @skorz, use the alternative multipart indicators otherwise such as CD1/CD2, that way you avoid issues with movies actually having "Part 1" in their official title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom