Replace My Videos with Moving pictures (1 Viewer)

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've made a small modification to replace the my videos link in basic home to a moving pictures link instead.

full credit goes to Harley as all i've done is change the hyperlink.
thanks also to fforde for such a great plugin.

I hope you guys like it and that i'm not offending anyone by sharing this.

*edit uploaded new xml from 1.7*

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
    30.6 KB

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
is it really? i can't remember what else i played with when i first installed xface, i'll download a fresh copy and upload the new edit.

i'm really sorry if i've broken anyones basic home at the moment.

i'm not sure where or how the old one broke, it seems to have died halfway (1/4) through uploading it, i've just downloaded the new one to double check and now all is working :D

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
heh i was just about to re-download this to make sure it worked with the new 1.7 update

i haven't gone through the new basichome to check if anything is has changed yet.

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
idea

I did much the same, but did not need an xml to do it....my method as follows

1. disable My Videos, and move it to plugins from home so it's not shown when not needed

2. rename Moving Pictures display name to My Videos in it's own advanced setup....

done...no extra work needed:eek:

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i prefer modifying the xml's so on the rare occasion my g/f wants to be able to filter out what she's already seen she can press the go button to main home and watch movies from the real my videos.

will definitely give your method a go once moving pictures adds more filters though.

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i prefer modifying the xml's so on the rare occasion my g/f wants to be able to filter out what she's already seen she can press the go button to main home and watch movies from the real my videos.

will definitely give your method a go once moving pictures adds more filters though.

Agreed, the Unwatched filter is damn useful at times...I never tend to need it, but it seems the easily confused wife does, so it definitely comes in handy.:eek:

You could always just not move My Videos to the plugins section, not sure if that would work on your setup, I do not use the basic home screen usually, as it's just too simplified for what we do on our machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom