Req: Multikabel tvdatabase file (1 Viewer)

hansdegit

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Schagen, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble scanning and reorganizing my multikabel TV database. I try to copy/follow the Multikabel standard order of channels, but a few problems arise:
- Multikabel skips a few steps in their Logical Channel Numbering (LCN). For instance, channel 10 is followed by channel 13. Does MediaPortal know how to handle 'gaps' in the channel ordering?
- I use 2 types of tuners (FloppyDTV and Hauppauge PVR150). Some channels are broadcasted in analog as wel as digital, so, I always have to update the autoscan manually by matching analog frequencies with the digital channels found during autoscan.
- I cannot force MP to limit its search / autoscan to a certain Network-id. This is annoying, since Multikabel shares its network with Casema. Therefore, MP finds channels on network id 500 that I'm not allowed to watch anyway.
- According to Multikabel, some channels are broadcasted on 514 Mhz. However, Mediaportal is unable to find any channels on that frequency, while signal strength is at 100%. Beats me...

To make a long story short: has anyone succeeded in overcoming the abovementioned problems and is that person willing to share his/her tvdatabase.db3 file with me?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one. Behind the curtains there is lots of work going on regarding the documentation. Sadly there are only a few people who have time to work on this so it will take a while until it's finished. The Icons are...
Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one...
It would be nice to have a "Media Portal 2 for Windows Media Center Refugees" document/topic... I have successfully installed MP2...
Replies
Views
Hi, Working fine for me ;) Need a little more information to be any help though. (I am guessing you are using MP stand alone) First, please post the epg.log file after an attempted update. In the zap2it plugin config you can set the plugin to update on next MP launch. You can paste the log @...
Hi, Working fine for me ;) Need a little more information to be any help though. (I am guessing you are using MP stand...
Last update: 01/09/2007 The Zap2it Plugin is for those people using Zap2it (which means US and Canadian users ONLY) for getting...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 About: Zap2it DE
Last update: 01/09/2007 The Zap2it Plugin is for those people using Zap2it (which means US and Canadian users ONLY) for getting their EPG information and who have an always-on internet connection. The following non-US locations should also work if you use the "fake" zipcodes below instead of a US zipcode :) Bermuda Cablevision: use...
Last update: 01/09/2007 The Zap2it Plugin is for those people using Zap2it (which means US and Canadian users ONLY) for getting...
Replies
Views
Hi James, I'm using WebEPG now and very impressed - very simple operation compared to other methods. I've updated "www_rte_ie.xml" (mainly to get listings for Channel 6, which is a new station on NTL here). I've also updated "1-xmltv_radiotimes_com.xml" to include UTV and "channels.xml" to include Channel 6. Deco.
Hi James, I'm using WebEPG now and very impressed - very simple operation compared to other methods. I've updated...
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much mPod, i have tried the latest CVS, and the TV Button now works
Thank you very much mPod, i have tried the latest CVS, and the TV Button now works
Hello, i haven't seen a post with the same detailed bug i get. This bug is easy to reproduce on my config : 1 - start mp 2...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom