REQ/TIP? Virtual directory structure (1 Viewer)

pjotr2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Topic may sound a bit fussy.

This is just an general request/idea that i have that i think several people would have use for.

I have 3 computers my HTPC, My Standalone and my Server PC.
    Everyone of these computers have a folder with lots of HD movies.

Ex HTPC have a dir called HDTV, STANDALONE has a dir called HDTV and SERVER has a dir called HDTV.

What i would like is for someone or prefferbly the MP crew to implent a funktion that kan create a virtual direktory for these folder so that they just show up as HDTV in my movies dir.
    Instead of having several directories as i have now (called HDTV for local HDTV1 for server etc).
    I think that this could be a useful feature for several users and not just me.

Hope i have posted this in the right forum part and that someone looks into it =)

Best regards Pjotr

rbt123

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Hey, me too! I registered to mediaportal's forum just to post this feature request.

In my case i have D:\Movies, E:\Movies, and F:\Movies.

I was hoping MediaPortal could create some kind of virtual folder (like favorites) so i can view it under 1 folder in MediaPortal.

As we know we cannot create symbolic links for files across volume under xp (it can only be done under vista). Furthermore MediaPortal's internal player as well as external players don't play windows shortcuts directly.

The ability to create/organize/view files under a "virtual directory" in MediaPortal will be a very useful feature!

MediaPortal developers: please consider adding this feature in future release! It will definitely make MediaPortal more user friendly and more popular! :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As we know we cannot create symbolic links for files across volume under xp (it can only be done under vista). Furthermore MediaPortal's internal player as well as external players don't play windows shortcuts directly.

You can use "junction" as well with XP ;)

rbt123

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008

You can use "junction" as well with XP ;)

Junctions? :confused: Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't junctions like mountpoints? Except instead of mounting volumes to a folder, junctions mount a folder to a folder, it doesn't mount files from different folders to one folder. ;)

Anyway its good to hear from a Mediaportal developer! This is really a very good application! Hope you can consider this feature request! :)

pjotr2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    nice to se im not the only one wanting this kind of feature, and i really hope that this feature gets taken under considiration :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom