[req]Welcome screen (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi guys,

Thank you for the hard work you are putting in to this plugin. Its awesome! :)

Background
At home I am running in to a little problem when using MovingPictures. Well, it is actually not a technical problem, more a biological one. When starting movpic, the first movie is always dislplayed. As it happens, this is for me "_Bumba". It is a childrens movie which I put on top on purpose for the wife. BUT the problem is when ever I start movpic my little daughter of 1 years sees bumba and thinks she can watch bumba again.. So she whispers "mmmphaa.. mmmphaa.." and starts sitting in front of the TV...with a happy face. Shortly after she finds out we are not going to watch mmmpha... This is hartbreaking ofcoruse. :( This is why I came up with the idea.

The Request: A long story short....
Is it possible to create a starup/welcome screen/image with nice backdrops etc for the first movie?
Possibillities are:
-Option to enable/disable it in config.
-Option to set a custom time delay when to fade to movie #1
-Option to keep the image in screen if no key/remote is pressed.
-Create a nice custom image which can be customized personally. Share nice welcome-images with the community.

:D

[edit]
I filed the request as well. See
http://code.google.com/p/moving-pic...ority Stars Milestone Owner Summary&start=100

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi edterbak,

What you are suggesting sounds a lot like the Dashboard View, which is currently planned.

Also, you might want to look into the Categories in 1.0, which would solve the immediate problem (your daughter seeing her favorite movie).

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks ZealotSix,

I never would have looked in the issue tracker for "Dashboard View". There are some similarities. Maybe it can be combined.

Good suggestion. Ill look into it as Im not using categories at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom