Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Aitor,

the main difference of the plugin I am developing at the moment is (at least that's what I think) support for Bonjour/ZeroConf.

Bonjour broadcasts your server on the network which makes it easy for clients to get all the data necessary to connect to it. You don't have to configure IP addresses and the like.

For the rest it is a basic TCP/IP server which can handle multiple connections. I am focusing at the remote part, for which I am sending and receiving small JSON encoded packages. What it can do in the current state is sending commands to MediaPortal via InputHandler (thanks a ton, cheezey), send exit/suspend/shutdown commands and open GUI windows by id.

Diebagger, I added you in Skype so we can have a talk ;) It would definitely be good to streamline all our efforts into one good plugin. You can also contact me via IRC, I am on the MediaPortal, Moving Pictures, MP TV Series and StreamedMP channels. If I don't answer you are talking to the bouncer ... sorry for that :D

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is something I would love to see happening.

The thing I'm hoping for most is the possibility to list and choose music fro the phone.
    Today I think it is a hassle to have to turn on the TV/beamer just to play some music.

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I Also would love a interface on the adroid system, guess it should be an allround app suitable for android, ipad(!) iphone and windows mobile if possible, when that would be accomplished it would be a real great addon.

Just like Koenig I hate to turn on my TV just to change radio channel or music.

Guess M$ will enable this feature in no time see this link.
    looks like what I would like....:D

Here's the movie... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK41qYj64zw

Regards,

Topstar

giladgaron

Portal Member
    October 15, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

Matty and myself have also started working on an webservices oriented project to allow wireless network devices to control MP via REST webservices.

Matty is working on the server side plugin and I'm working on an android client.

We should share resources and even join forces, I've already been contacted by DieBagger (sent you a response).

our project site is mp-remote - Project Hosting on Google Code but there's little content / code there since we've only began.

Cheers,
    Gilad

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Everyone,

Matty and myself have also started working on an webservices oriented project to allow wireless network devices to control MP via REST webservices.

Matty is working on the server side plugin and I'm working on an android client.

We should share resources and even join forces, I've already been contacted by DieBagger (sent you a response).

our project site is mp-remote - Project Hosting on Google Code but there's little content / code there since we've only began.

Cheers,
    Gilad

Hi giladgaron!

GREAT, finally it seems that we are getting a development group to work on this. AWESOME! Here you have a group of forum user with experience with (or interested in) WebServices plugin development:

- gemx: MPWebServices plugin developer and part of Mediaportal developers.
    - Cheezey: iPiMP developer.
    - DieBagger: you are in contact with him, so not much to say.
    - Shukuyen: he is also developing a remote control plugin for iPhone with Bonjour and ZeroConf support.
    - sa_ddam213: developer of MPTouch plugin and interested in porting it for android with remote control functions

If you want, you can tell us more about your project (android client features, plugin features, compatibility,...) to compare it with the other projects and if you finally join a 3-4 group, discuss the best features and characteristics of the plugin.

Which are the advantages of using REST Webservice instead of APACHE (link in iPiMP)? In which language is MPWebServices developed? DieBagger, what are you using for you plugin?

Many thanks to all for your efforts and for answering to my numerous messages (special thanks for DieBagger, Shukuyen, sa_ddam and giladgaron, sorry for being so tedious). Keep up with the good job guys!

Best regards,

Aitor

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I am also interested on this, any news??
    For now, I am using gremote, it has a mediaportal config

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My development is stalling at the moment, I have to make a website in my freetime. I hope that I am done with this in a week or two, then I will publish the source of my plugin here:
    wifiremote - Project Hosting on Google Code

This plugin won't do you any good without a client, so please don't get too excited just yet.
    Once this is finished it can be used to "directly" control MP, like you would do with a normal remote. This can then be combined with the webservice solution mentioned above to also have a more indirect control (browsing your media on the device).

bodiroga, once I am satisfied with my client I would be very interested in integrating the webservice into an iPhone/iPod touch app.

dadman

Portal Member
    June 10, 2009
    Home Country
    I have 2 remotes, but when they are missing I use MultiRemote on android, Unlike Gremote it is totally free.
    Create a custom profile, you can setup 15 buttons to do whatever.
    I was thinking of contacting the author for a Mediaportal remote skin.

Before this I was using VNC and just pressing keyboard shortcuts.

tomypreach

November 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have been trying out some different programs for my HTC Hero and the one sticks out - gPad. It's a 2 $ app with a wide range of use it's worth the money.
    A free app i came across - Multiremote
    I made my own remote on multiremote and found it pleasing.

Thank you guy for all you work... I wish i could help with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom