REQUEST: eMule plugin. (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like to request an eMule plugin from any of the kind (and maybe bored) plugin developers out there.

I found a thread requesting this a couple years ago, but for the most part they kind of just bashed him for even wanting such a thing. (torrents are better blah blah)

I have always preferred eMule over torrents, it has a much more established network and is far less plagued with fake files and viri, besides the fact you can search using the ED2K and KAD networks from directly inside eMule (No website scraping)
It may be slower overall, but if you're downloading a few files at once it doesn't really matter, your bandwidth still can easily be fully utilized. On top of it all, you can actually FIND what you are looking for, unlike BT where most torrents die in a couple weeks...

eMule comes with a very robust web interface and should be relatively easy to impliment for anyone who is already familiar with making MP plugins.

does anyone want to give it a go?
It would be an awesome combo with MyTorrents!

An even greater feat would be to have Torrents, eMule and maybe Limewire (gnutella netwrok) support all in one! (torrents are already done, so that part would already be complete.)

I will be willing to help in anyway I can, just let me know!

Thanks!

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would love to see this too, would be nice to be able to download a track from inside MP, i can even imagen you have a button inside the music section "find artist on P2P" or something, just like you can jump to lyrics right now with the lyrics plugin.

A all in one solution to connects to different P2P networks might be Shareaza this connects to eDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Gnutella2, it also has a webinterface so this prob can be used aswell for a P2P plugin.

The speeds i'm getting with Shareaza are not that good, but this is my choice for hard to find files that i can't find in torrents.

I just don't have the skills to mold this into a plugin....

Be aware Official Home of Shareaza is hijacket by a commercial company, the real project is on sourceforge Shareaza - Bringing P2P Together

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think Shareaza supports Kad tho... I would much rather have Kad than Gnut and Gnut2 to be honest.
    Again, as for speeds it is true some files can take awhile to get, but if you cue up 4-5 files (or more) then your bandwidth is usually fully utilized.

Instead of getting 1 file in 1 hour, you get 10 in 10 hours... in the end it evens out.

Any support for ED2k, Emule, or anything close would be a godsend right about now.

Thanks for your input userjan!
    If anyone else has interest in this, or suggestions to add, please speak up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom