Request: Flickr viewer (aka AppleTV) (1 Viewer)

Beechus

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Middlands
Home Country
England England
Guys,

Why don't we have a Flickr plugin for viewing online photos? AppleTV has this functionality, and it's very attractive. I like most people store all of my photos on the net; being able to view them from mediaportal would be amazing! Apple think it's important enough to include as standard.

Does anyone feel like taking on this challenge? There is loads on the net, including a full library, written in c#! It should be easy to integrate if you know what your doing! :)

Thanks,
Tom

Scha

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
I looked at the API that they provide, and if you want to use any functions that require the use to be logged it, they force you to do the login in a browser. That is not good imo, so a flickr plugin will only be able to browse public photos (which might be good enough for most people).

I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm a super lazy guy so I cant promise you that I will ever finish it, or that it will be done quickly. Hopefully I can get something started, and be disiplined enough to comment the code well enough that someone else can take over and fix bugs if (when) I get bored and give up on the project.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Take a look at the thread regarding Online Pictures Plugin. I don't know if it works with the latest builds or current version, but it has been developed!

All I did was search on the word flickr and then had to scroll through the search results. Wasn't that hard!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I remember trying that plugin (like 2 months ago) and for me it didn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom