Request: Installer - Allow Repair/Reinstall (1 Viewer)

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Please fix your installer so it is possible to do a repair / repeat install of the same version!!

I have a nagging but minor issue that would likely be solved with a reinstall, yet I don't want to blow up my tuned configurations and skins to do so, so I live with the flaw until I have a few hours to tinker and re-configure (i.e. never).

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you uninstall using keep settings and do not uninstall everything option, then reinstall, everything regarding prime MP files are replaced, all plugins\skin\config files etc, should remain.

The only exception could be FTR's tvplugin only if you are a ForTheRecord user , which would require uninstalling FTR and reinstalling, a couple of minute job to do both this and the above.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oops ... Just tried this, all settings and databases lost.

Can have been cause by anything. MP was running in windowed mode. I moved the window and W7 aero was so helpful to re-size the window to full screen. MP crashed. I stopped MP from the task manager. After that MP did not start up anymore. I un-installed MP leaving the settings and databases. I re-installed, but all settings and databases are gone.

Maybe a repair would not be so bad after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom