[REQUEST] Make plugin with this NIT scanner (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear developpers,

What is one of the most frustrating things with mediaportal is that the Scanning of Digital TV and radio channels is a pain to get it done right, the DVBC files in TvServer are out of date most of the time or not present at all for the region someone lives.

I have the skills to make a DVBC file myself (also only after days of trial and error and searching the internet for days to find the most up to date Transponder list for my cable comapany region), but I can imagine not everyone has these skills, or makes mistakes and missing some channel responders.

On the dutch FireDTV forum a guy has placed a NIT scanner, which scans the local cable frequency for all transponder frequencies and places a transponder list in the correct directoy which can be used for scanning the actual TV and radio channels inside Windows VMC or Windows MCE, this saves a lot of work in first finding the transponder frequencies for your area, compiling transponder lists and placing them in the correct registry etc.

My request is, is it possible to make a plugin that using this NIT Scan Tool, produces a DVBC file, places that DVBC file inside the Tuningparameters directory of mediaportal, and maybe even the plugin can be made such that it also automatically starts TvServer Setup, and starts scanning for TV channels??.

It requires some scripting, which in my logic doesnt seem to be that complicated, however I do not have any coding skills whatsoever, so therefore my request here.

The NIT Scan Tool is now only for the dutch cable companies, and I am not sure, but probably also only works with the Digital Everywhere DVBC tuner cards. Maybe someone can make it such that it also works with other tunercards and cable companies.

the NIT Scan Tool can be downloaded here:

http://www.firedtv.nl/uploads/NIT Scan Tool.exe

Link to the forum (Dutch): http://www.firedtv.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2578&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The maker of the Scan Tool is "Meylof"

Thanks in advance!

Lots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom