request - megavideo and reconnection support (1 Viewer)

bombus

Portal Pro
July 15, 2009
Novara
Home Country
Italy Italy
hi all!
thank u for your great work!

I've got an idea for the new version:
as long as megavideo was supported by this plugin , I've found boring using my mouse (or my keyboard) and my browser to get to my router page and do the reconnection every time i spend more than 70 min watching megavideo's videos...
there is a program that can do the reconnection by itself (jdownloader).
I've found that curl (cURL and libcurl) is the library used by this app for their reconnection script... it would be a good thing to have a menu item inside the plugin which can run a bat or exe file for reconnection (if u download curl it can be used to do this thing, remenber to search in google).
a better way would be an integrated script similar to the program i mentioned million times (with an editor cause every router has a different script)...

sorry about my very bad english...

guys please post under this thread if u think it could be useful! :cool:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What exactly should that curl program do then?

Am I right to assume it should send a http-request to your router telling it to renew it's ip-address, so that megavideo thinks you're a new user?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Am I right to assume it should send a http-request to your router telling it to renew it's ip-address, so that megavideo thinks you're a new user?

I think that's what he's implying, Mega-video is a pain in the a** with the limit they give you. Even some series are cut short when you download them, So if you do make something can you extend it to watch-series and Watch-Movies

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I think that's what he's implying, Mega-video is a pain in the a** with the limit they give you. Even some series are cut short when you download them, So if you do make something can you extend it to watch-series and Watch-Movies

yea that's right! that would be a good thing :D ... and we cannot use megavideo account in mediaportal :D ...
    but i think that the only way it could work is to reconnect between two videos not too long...

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't have a megavideo account, but isn't it harder to introduce this feature (cause i think it changes the way you get the video url) than to add a part of another plugin inside online videos (you can simply add a editable string with the link to an exe or a bat file inside your hd and launch the exe in mediaportal) ?

I don't know anything (more or less) about programming but I hope the "reconnection button" will be avaible in the future releases

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really don't know if this is going to be on our todo-list.
    I think there are a lot of caveats here:
    - Everybody using that router will loose their internet connection
    - For long videos (movies) it isn't going to help, beause onlinevideos always start at the beginning of the video.

Maybe there is some skin/generic option in mediaportal to include a button which starts an external progam?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    IMO, this is out of scope of OnlineVideos.

There are other ways for doing this, and you can add a button in OnlineVideos skin yourself.

Let me give you example.

1. First you need to create reconnect program or script. I won't go into this, you know what's working for your router :)

2. Get MultiShortcut plugin that you will configure on window ID XXX (random integer) and to run your program or script.

3. Next, add a button in OnlineVideos skin file with hyperlink to your ID: <hyperlink>XXX</hyperlink>

4. When you click on the button, it will run your program/script and return back to OnlineVideos.

5. ...

6. Profit

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    - For long videos (movies) it isn't going to help, beause onlinevideos always start at the beginning of the video.

Maybe there is some skin/generic option in mediaportal to include a button which starts an external progam?

thanks but if u put a button you can ask (shouting): "IS ANYONE USING INTERNET?" before clicking on it...
    i know that for long videos this is not a solution, but if u see 40 min videos this is perfect... :D

IMO, this is out of scope of OnlineVideos.

There are other ways for doing this, and you can add a button in OnlineVideos skin yourself.

Let me give you example.

1. First you need to create reconnect program or script. I won't go into this, you know what's working for your router :)

2. Get MultiShortcut plugin that you will configure on window ID XXX (random integer) and to run your program or script.

3. Next, add a button in OnlineVideos skin file with hyperlink to your ID: <hyperlink>XXX</hyperlink>

4. When you click on the button, it will run your program/script and return back to OnlineVideos.

5. ...

6. Profit

thanks! i'll try if this work -

:eek::Dit works!:D:eek:

:D

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Might need a timer to stop the video playing when it reaches 70m (it's a total of 70m all feeds for the day), When you are watching the feed and it reaches 70m it completely locks up mediaportal.

Its a pain when it happens on the HTPC which doesn't have a keyboard to get the task manager up. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom