Request: (norwegian programmer) adapt weather plugin to yr.no (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The Norwegian weather service yr.no is many times better (more accurate) than weather channel for norwegian residents.

how to interface yr.no : Verdata - yr.no

Can somebody please adapt weather plugin to use Yr.no ? - it seems like a nice programming practice project.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If it seems like a nice programming practice project, you know what to do. Just download VS 2005 & search the internet & start coding ;)

Regards
    Roy

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I already program assembly for x86 , ARM and Microchip, plus some PHP and some other languages, I work as IT consultant , and have a webshop (helihobby.no), another minor business flyfoto-nord.no and www.madhacker.org - my time schedule is filled - and I am going on vacation soon.

so when it comes to learning C#, ... ... I am just lazy :)

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would also like to see this project come alive.
    yr.no provides better and more detailed forecasts and for a lot more cities than weather.com

I have in another thread requested the use of myforecast instead of weather.com but yr.no is by far better than both myforecast and weather.com!

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to write an interface to yr that provides data for the weather plugin already in mediaportal? Does anyone know this?

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    yes, it surely IS possble - yr.no published all necessary information on yr.no's XML format, which is open and ready to be used.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What I meant is if it is possible to make the builtin weather plugin in mediaportal to use data from yr.no. That would make it alot easier since one don't have to fiddle with the gui-part. I have not looked into the code for the plugin present in mediaportal, I'm not really sure if it is a plugin or built-in.

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

It's good to see such great people involving in this issue. I really hope the plugin or weather grabbing utility will be developed.

Regards,
    PK

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom