Request: PseudoTV for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

dwightz

March 16, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm a long time MediaPortal user on my PC, but also an original XBMC user since its roots on modded XBOX's. When I built my HTPC, I decided MediaPortal was the right choice for me. Friends and family now marvel at my setup and day-to-day use is simple and intuitive.

But as my collection of media grows, I find a good portion of my time is spent actually deciding what to watch--rather than watching itself. The problem is compounded if my wife is with me. She will often veto what I may chose and vice-versa. I feel that a virtual TV plugin with preprograamed content from my collection would help alleviate this problem.

After some research, I found that an XBMC plugin called PseudoTV may do exactly that. I cannot, however, find an equivalent for MediaPortal. I'm considering installing XBMC and ultimately switching for this feature alone.

Help! I don't want to switch. I love MediaPortal. Has anyone considered developing a similar plugin?

farr3ll

Portal Member
December 16, 2011
Home Country
3 months and no response!!! Feeling the love?

Pseudo TV kicks ass, head on over to XBMC! Strong and helpful community...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I'm sorry you got no response, but to be quite frank I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting. The ratio of devs to users here is massively in favour of users, and in addition we devs are busy doing what we do best as usual. ;)
    From a purely hypothetical point of view (assuming I had time) it does sound like a great idea - I don't think anybody would argue with you there. In practise I personally don't have the time to create let alone maintain a plugin such as this, and from the lack of response I guess one might assume that other developers have no time either.

I do wish you all the best with XBMC if that be your decision.
    :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    No response is probably caused by few things:

1) devs are quite busy
    2) not every thread is always spotted (this was the first time when I did see this specific thread)
    3) idea itself might be bad (I personally think that such plugin would be step back in the freedom of choise - it is better to pick the movie / serie / documentation by itself than be forced to watch in the similar way as in the tv :)

In any case good luck in the XBMC journey.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2) not every thread is always spotted (this was the first time when I did see this specific thread)
    Me too. I might add that we do actually have an "improvements suggestion" forum section (link). If you want to post ideas like this then that is the place for them to go so we will see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom