Request: See what time the movie ends (1 Viewer)

Conflicted

Portal Member
July 8, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

First of fforde, I've told you before, great job/love the plugin!

On to my request.

I don't know if this is something that needs to be added globally per skin or how this might work, but It would benefit me the most in moving pictures so this is why I request it here, so bare with me here...

When the timeline is displayed for a movie, I can see how far along the movie is and how much is left.
I would think it be a cool little feature if it also displayed the estimated time of day when movie ends.

I know I can just check my watch and add the time left for the movie, but the media center experiance for me is to have all-in-one functionality :)

So it would maybe say:

5:35 -----[x]------------------------------------------------------1:42 (Estimated to end at: 22:54)

Is this something that could be added? - And is it something anyone else but me would find practical?

Thanks,
Viktor

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sounds great! And perhaps add a filter option. Lets say you'd like to sleep by 23:30 and the filter would show only movies that ends before your specified time ;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    movie end time sound like a good idea. it would be like gps arrival time. So in case of having an appointment at certain time, that way you know if you can finish watching the movie before having to leave.

But OSD must be carefully setup so that so much info in the OSD is not confusing.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm in too. Post a google code request, and I'll star it.

And to I like both ideas in this thread: The original idea that just has the End-Time in the OSD, and Vuego's idea about showing it in the movie-list and be able to filter by it also.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    the filter idea is also great.

there could be an option like "set sleep time", once you set the time you want to go to sleep then it uses that to filter and just show the movies you can watch in the remaining period of time....FANTASTIC !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom