[REQUEST] Special clipping variables for TV (1 Viewer)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Hello. Here's the situation. When viewing TV with my PVR-250MCE, I have a black border around the right edge of my screen (about 10 pixels) and none of the aspect ratio changes can fix this (which is not the main problem). The problem is that the tv card (perhaps more likely the drivers - i have the latest ones) does not compensate for the black borders (analog blanking) from the tv signal, thus the border gets recorded into the timeshift/tv record file. Since the black border is part of the video, it is not necessarily a problem of choosing the correct apect ratio.

A good example of what I mean is having a video that has about 20 pixels black border on the right. That black area is part of the video. When viewing it, there'll be 20 pixels of black that we'll see. The idea is to have the 20 pixels clipped as in displayed off screen.

Currently the workaround I am doing (everytime I download daily CVS,) is by modifying the GetWindow(...) method in Geometry.cs file, taking the case of the "Stretch" Aspect Ratio and adding 10 the the total width.

Changing the following code:
Code:
        case Type.Stretch:
        {
          rSource=new System.Drawing.Rectangle(0,0,ImageWidth,ImageHeight);
          rDest=new System.Drawing.Rectangle(0,0,ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight);
        }

With this:
Code:
        case Type.Stretch:
        {
          rSource=new System.Drawing.Rectangle(0,0,ImageWidth,ImageHeight);
          rDest=new System.Drawing.Rectangle(0,0,ScreenWidth+10,ScreenHeight);
        }

This is really not a proper way to handle it and serves as a "bandaid" because what it will do is actually take any video I play with the "Stretch" aspect ratio and clip 10 pixels on the right - by clip i mean display it offscreen. But I only use the strect AR for TV and movies i usually use NORMAL. Therefore, I'd like to request special "clipping" variables when viewing tv/recorded tv so that all the aspect ratios take the "clipping" vars into consideration. Please keep in mind that this is NOT overscanning problem as the MediaPortal gui spans from edge-to-edge of my tv screen. Its the TV input (coming in from composite) having black borders on one side.

Users who are viewing this thread