Requirements for wireless (1 Viewer)

marcus_43

January 19, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What is the wireless requirements for a TV server / client transfer?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

With a perfect connection! 54 Mbit are enough, including streaming HD channels.

cu

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

With a perfect connection! 54 Mbit are enough, including streaming HD channels.

cu

Be aware.
    It highly depends on your environmental conditions (DECT telephones, Bluetooth devices, other WLANs) as these have influence on packet roundturn trip which is from my experience similar important as bandwith. To be on the safer side you should go wired or 802.11n on 5 Ghz which does not share frequeny with other technologies as 2.4 Ghz WLAN.

HTH

grubi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    And here is the procedure of assigning the input device buttons to functions/actions/screens: Input Devices
    And here is the procedure of assigning the input device buttons to functions/actions/screens: Input Devices
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11. Saved me a lot of time having to debug the code. Thanks for the tip!
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11...
    Hello, I spent a couple of days trying to resolve this issue and cannot figure it out. I have set up MediaPortal Server on an old...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom