Requirements? (1 Viewer)

Icanos

Portal Member
November 22, 2005
Borlänge, Dalarna
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
I am about to take my old 800MHz and make it to a HTPC, it's a 800MHz with 256MB Ram and a GeForce 64MB, which can use DX9 and a Hauppauge WinTV 150. Would it work to record, pause livetv and so on with this hardware?

/ Marcus

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
This would not be recommended hardware for 2.0 RC2 at all, perhaps you can get an earlier version of MediaPortal working acceptably? You can always just give it a shot, it is lower than is recommended though. (You won't lose anything by giving it a shot if you already have the hardware)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    More specifics would be good. There are users on here using less than the requirements with average results.

If its a P3 then that might be fast enough but not a celeron/duron. 256mb isnt really enough, 512mb for windows XP.

If its a GF4 42/4/600 might be enough. GF4MX or less, no. 9500/5200/6200 would be good.

Record and watch live tv maybe, timeshift I doubt. The requirements page is there for a reason, its needed for acceptable performance.

Recommend Pentium 4/Celeron 1.5GHz with 512MB RAM
    ATI Radeon 9550 and above, ATI Radeon X300 and above
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5xxx, GeForce 6xxx and 7xxx series

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Icanos said:
    Hi,
    I am about to take my old 800MHz and make it to a HTPC, it's a 800MHz with 256MB Ram and a GeForce 64MB, which can use DX9 and a Hauppauge WinTV 150. Would it work to record, pause livetv and so on with this hardware?

/ Marcus

Hey you have a good TV Card with "Hardware Encoding" because improve your performance. Try use nVidia PureVideo decoder too (low CPU usage, and high image quality) and try use 256 mb ram more.

rgs

Users who are viewing this thread