rescan channels - no EPG data after 12 hours? (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
I rescanned channels yesterday in UK (digital terrestrial) as channel 5 and others had moved. Didn't work properly so deleted all channels, then rescanned, channels now work but I get no EPG data , even after 12 hours. Pressing the refresh EPG button in tv server in config does nothing. I know the EPG grabber has always been pretty fragile but it seems to have just totally stopped now. Anyone got a fix? Standalone boxes grabEPGt in 5 min buts this area seems to be MP's achilles heal. With No EPG = no recording no anything.

cheers

after much messing I've realised that if you delete all channels then rescan by default it won't get EPG data, which is a terrible default as MOST people will want EPG data I would imagine. However on TV server config|TV Channels you select which channel you want to appear on EPG, HOWEVER this doesn't mean they WILL now grab EPG data as you would expect, no you ALSO have to go to the EPG Grabber tab (I've not noticed this tab before as haven't rescanned chans in over a year I think) and by default all chans are set to NOT grab EPG data so this also needs changing if you delete/rescan chans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom