resize of pictures viewed (1 Viewer)

barnonline

Portal Member
November 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It's proably me thats blind, but I can't find anywhere a setting for "auto-scale" of pictures

I have noticed, that if I have large pictures that is lager than the 1024x768 resolution of my screen, the picture will be scaled down to fit the screen

But if the picture is smaller, it wil not be scaled up.

Is it really true that there is no setting for this behavior ? I find it hard to believe, but I simple can't find it anywhere.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, as the post prior to this one states "My Pictures" needs a MAJOR update, due to lack of development.

So anyone willing to do so, the work would be much appreciated, especially a link to music (or a narration) from directly within the my Picture screen for Slideshows.

barnonline

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Wow... damn... Perhaps I should take a look at the code and see if I'm able to contribute something.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think if you take over development for the Photo plugin you will have many suggestions to choose from to get started. From tagging, to OSD of picture EXIF data, to transitions, to ... the sky is the limit.

stefffe

August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was just going to post this question.. For me this is very annoying, cause I have 1920x1080 on my tv and my 800x600 pix is worthless from the couch :p

So? What to do? :)

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2008
    Sydney
    Home Country
    If anyone's taking suggestions on My Pictures, the aspect ratio isn't respected (I have to run my 16:9 display at 1024x768 - the overscan at 1280x720 is too outrageous) . My vids, dvds and TV are fine, but my kids all look fat in photos.

Pawwlik

Portal Member
    May 18, 2005
    Phil: how did you setup MP to display videos correctly? I have plasma with 1024*768 16:9 as well, but I have tried all zoom modes without succes, so I switched resolution to 1360*768 and plasma shrinks it, but it looks quite horribly ;).

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2008
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Videos (and TV) just seemed to work - I did use the display calibration to set the display area though. In the end I've got it to work using an odd (1680 x 945 or thereabouts) display resolution - it maintains the 16:9 aspect ratio but doesn't overscan much (ie I can see the taskbar).

So I didn't solve the problem, just sidestepped it.

Pawwlik

Portal Member
    May 18, 2005
    Phil - Thanks - calibration worked (especially shrinking that square to be real square :)) - I setup 1024*768 (TV native res) on Mediaportal 0.2.3.0 and everything (Photo Gallery as well) works fine and the picture looks faaar better. You do not have VGA conector on your TV?

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2008
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I'm using DVI. It has VGA but there's no difference in how the modes appear, except the DVI doesn't flicker as much.

I'm using the Mediaportal release candidate, which may be why your photos had the right aspect ratio and mine didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom