[Usability] Restart on resume (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry for commenting, next time you have one more less dev looking & fixing your issues

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, this is real grown-up behaviour...
    What do you expect from me and the other devs? I have reported a behaviour which led to serious issues on my system. We've had a very constructive discussion about this topic and I have received help with my problem, provided any logs I've been asked for (even with watchdog option #1, so your statement is just incorrect). Everything works much better for me than it did before and the plugin devs have knowledge that there might be some issue with their plugins.
    So, please explain me what is your problem at all? And why are you being so aggressive in a discussion that was very helpful to this point? (And by the way, in which of my issues in this thread did you take part in looking at or even fixing?)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    My original point was that

a) We should not encourage users to workarounds like this (especially not in Wiki like it would be a normal MP behavior)
    but
    b) Encourage users to follow proper bug report procedures (which you did not but instead proposed a workaround feature) including
    1. Testing without 3rd party plugins
    2. Posting full debug logs

I'm glad the workaround works for you but in my point of view as a dev and in point of view of other users, which may have the same issue, nothing has been fixed (yes yes I know it is probably MPSync).

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, i use this workaround to solve my problems with the "Restart after Resume" and this works :) but is it possible to close MePo "normaly" in the Batch-File?
    With "kill Mediaportal.exe" i lost the last channel :-(

Well, i'm extremely busy next week also, so let me give you another hint / workaround ;)

You asked to re-implement the 'restart on resume' option, but i'm sure you can let Windows handle that with a simple batch file, which is attached. Put that on your system(s) in (for example) C:\Scripts

1. Open up the Task Scheduler (Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools)
    2. Click 'Create Task'
    3. On the 'General' tab you fill in the Name
    4. On the 'Triggers' tab, click on 'New'
      Begin the task: On an event
      Leave settings @ 'Basic'
      Log: System
      Source: Power-Troubleshooter
      Event ID: 1
      If you want, you can delay the task a bit with the Advanced settings on the bottom.
    5. On the 'Actions' tab, click on 'New'
      Action: Start a program
      Browse to the script (C:\Scripts\MediaPortal_Restart.bat)
    6. Hit 'OK' on the bottom.

This should now restart MediaPortal on every resume.
    Have fun testing and let me know how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom