[Bug] restoring from minimized problem (RC1) (1 Viewer)

bugmenot

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.5.25080
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type: 2,5 Intel core 2 duo
Memory: 3gig
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Hey, since the new rc1 i habe problems when minimizing MP. I am using it at windowed mode. Minimizing works. After restoring i hear sound of movie/tv... but it is a black fullscreen. Even killing the task is difficult then, because as soon as i press crl+alt+del and choose to open taskmanager, after few seconds (usually <=1) i get the black fullscreen again.
The log is made when opening MP, minimizing in home screen and restoring. Then often trying to kill MP by taskmanager (so focused on the black screen while doing that) and finally getting it killed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Minimizing and restoring works nicely with RC1. I cannot reproduce that issue. Swithcing between fullscreen and windowed mode when video is playing is still broken.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    No, this is not the same problem. The problem with minimization also occures when no video is played. Furthermore even the toolbar is not rendered.
    When i play video and change to fullscreen and move the mouse to the top, i can still close mp over the toolbar. Not after restoring from minimization. Is there any way to give morehelpful information then the log i gave?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there any way to give morehelpful information then the log i gave?

Unfortunately no. I hope some other dev is able to reporduce the issue so he can have a look on it. I cannot help as I cannot reproduce the issue, sorry.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    one more thing that is different at my problem. At the crash, the black screen is focused every <1 sec. So i cant easily open task manager. at the video problem that is not the case.

EDIT:
    added another log from debug mode

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: restoring from minimized problem (RC1)

i did few testing with SVN 25096 (5 or 6 "versions" after RC1), had LiveTV running and a false click minimized MP. I doubleclicked the Trayicon of MP and TV was resuming. Then I saw this thread and thought, I could tell you, that on my system MP does not freeze or blackscreen after resizing...

If I should upload logs, just ask

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    one more thing that is different at my problem. At the crash, the black screen is focused every <1 sec. So i cant easily open task manager. at the video problem that is not the case.

EDIT:
    added another log from debug mode

Are you using refresh rate changer? If yes then try disabling it to see if it helps.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    i installed from scratch, left all settings/plugins at default and it still happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom