Resumable playlist / Playlist group (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi everyone,

I submitted a long time ago the idea of a resumable playlist for MP2. I'd like to explain here my full idea to be certain everyone agree (or not) on it.

Basically (hypothesis), Video and Audio items will be resumable : we have to remeber the point it was stopped before, and ask the user if he wants to restart from the begining or from the last stop.

A resumable playlist extend this concept :

- A picture playlist can be resumed from the last picture displayed or restart to the begining

- An audio playlist or a video playlist can be resumed from

* A - The last position of the last item played
    * B - The begining of the last item playlist
    * C - Restarted from the begining of the playlist

I will use the same thread for another related idea : Playlist group.

As we can play multiple items at the same time (ie pictures and music), why not to create a group of playlists, witch would allow a user to start in the same time some music and picture ?

This would extend the resumable playlist to group playlist too with these options :

* A - Restart the last picture displayed and the music from the point it was stopped
    * B - Restart from the last picture and the begining of the last music played
    * C - Restart all from the begining

Maybe this idea of a (resumable) playlist group is just a dream, but I think it could be a nice to have...

I'm interested in your opinion and thoughts about how complex it could be (if even possible).

Cheers.

Yohann.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Resumable playlist / Playlist group

Technically, such a compound/combined playlist can easily be implemented. But the question is: Must it be a feature of the core system? I think it should not be included in the core system. I do see that it could be nice to have such a feature; maybe for a party as background music/pictures or for discos or restaurants as music/video combination at a video screen.
    Maybe such a feature should be added by a "disco" plugin or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom