Resume from Hibernate/Suspend - no TV? (1 Viewer)

Elf

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Celeron D 2.4Ghz
HDD: Spinpoint SATA 160Gb
Memory: 1Gb DDR400
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 975
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: VBOX DVB-T 220
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia Audio
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Aopen EA65II XCube
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Aopen EA65II
TV: Panasonic Viera HD Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

This one has been doing the rounds for a while - I certainly have contributed to one or two threads about it, but it seems quiet in the forums and the problem still exists for me with latest everything so I thought I'd draw some attention to it again..

Basically, after resuming from suspend or hibernate (doesn't matter which), MP works perfectly, menus, music, pictures, etc. but TV is just a black space with no sound.

It doesn't matter if I put it into hibernate/suspend manually, or let scheduler do it. It doesn't matter if I switch "off" TV or even shut down MP completely before going into hibernate/suspend. In fact, it doesn't matter if MP wasn't running in the first place, as soon as the system has resumed, TV is a no-go. The only way to get live TV back is a full reboot.

Could this be a problem with my own TV card drivers? The card's own software still works fine after a resume so perhaps it's a BDA driver thing? I just don't know what to make of it.

Of course, this is a real pain in the *!? as it means I can't leave the machine to record TV shows while I'm out without leaving it permanently on, which knocks the WAF somewhat.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To get any help on this post your logs after a hibernation/suspend & TV it's black.
    & try with MP 0.2.2.0 + latest SVN & with the option "Re-init tuners on resume" it's in MP Setup -> Plugins -> PowerScheduler & configuration.

Regards
    Roy

Elf

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    UK
    Home Country
    I'm using 0.2.2.0 + SVN (at least, I was, as of Sunday evening) and already tried the "Re-init tuners on resume" option with no joy. It happens when I manually go into suspend, not just when I let Powerscheduler do it.
    I'll post logs when I get a chance to get at them! Thanks!

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Elf,

as you I was fighting with this (and some other) after-resume-errors and then I gave up and accepted that this problems are stronger than me.

Meanwhile I am working with startonwake, pskill and some other small, smart tools and I am lucky now. In brief: with a tool I kill MP after resuming and restart it. Not very elegenat but it works.

thanks+regards
    WeWe

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This problem also happens here with the HVR-900 but not the PVR-350. I tried everything I could to fix this with no success. Then I tried a different approach: use PVR Scheduler to hibernate and resume my PC. Disable the Power Scheduler Plug-In and use only PVR Scheduler to handle hibernation and start up; set it up to close MediaPortal before going to stand-by and you're good ;) .

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hey friends...same problem here :(

wewe, tell me, what prog do you use to automaticaly kill MP and re-initiate it after resume PC from standby or Hibernation? I think this could be the solution for my problem...thanks in advance ;)

eloo

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    If I don't "reinit tuners" my TV doesnt work either, and even worse after I resume, and the suspend I get a BSOD. I tried debugging the minidump Windows made, and it seems to be due to stream.sys that it crashes. Could there be a link?

Btw, I couldnt see any valuable info in my logs.

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok
    Downloaded startonwake and pskill, will try it tonight, hope it works...

Cheers

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Like igalan i too use pvr-scheduler to hibernate and resume, if closing MP after resume, and then restarting let's you then watch TV ok, then pvr-scheduler is the one to use.

The problem must be related to drivers not initialising quickly enough when MediaPortal resumes, especially usb ones.

Now if powerscheduler could put a 10 sec delay on restarting MP after hibernation/standby had fully finished then maybe no more problems.

This would then involve making powerscheduler a service, rather than a plugin, the same as pvr-scheduler.

Believe me, for the lack of headaches, pvr-scheduler well worth whatever your prepared to pay for it, minimum 5 Euros from stsc's website to cover hosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom