Resume from Hibernation bug? (1 Viewer)

flexi

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi

since some SVN builds MP can't correctly come out of hibernation --> GUI is missing. MP is running in the background, however no GUI is displayed.

A few weeks ago hibernation worked perfectly. Since then I installed a few SVNs to fix some other issues I had with MP. There were neither HW nor other Software changes during this time. The machine is dedicated for MP so no other stuff is running on it.

Please have a look at my logs.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Flexi

flexi

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Update:

Shutdown seems to be broken too.

I have changed the mapping of my remote to shut down MP.
MP cant shutdown itself. The GUI disapears, but the MP process remains in TaskManager.

I also wanted to test standby mode. Unfortunately I cant test this most probably due to a bios issue. (I already use the latest bios and have also tested the latest beta bios, but my board is old and not supported anymore). So standby probably never will work on my system.

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
same here, but it seems that this symptom has come into svn on friday?
lx

the problem is recurring once in a while and this log entry is obviously the same like everytime the problem comes out:
Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)...

flexi

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
could be, at least on Friday I made the last updates and installed a new SVN.

Has somebody experienced the same problems with a newer SVN? Unfortunately I do no have much time to test other SVNs for at least the next week.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    flexi, seems like you minimize to tray instead of close MP, does this also happens if MP it's open & you hib your system?

Regards
    Roy

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ronilse
    I do not minimize MP to system tray. I use the remote control mapping to hibernate, standby (unfortunately this does not wrok well with my mainboard) or shutdown the PC.
    Hibernate and shutdown worked perfectly until I installed one of the newer SVNs (I think it was build 14162).

I guess I will try installing an older build.

To answer your other question: Hibernate or shutdown via Startmenu do work.
    Please have a look at my logs from the first post. There you find a lot of errors. Unfortunately I am not a programmer and can't therefore figure out the meaning of these errors.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    2007-04-22 10:07:21.671875 [Info.][MPMain]: D3D: Minimizing to tray on GUI exit
    ^Thats from your log. Check you settings in MP Setup (configuration) -> General & disable if it's enabled, or remake the mapping.

Regards
    Roy

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Your right about the log. However I can assure you that the mapping is correct --> shutdown or hibernate. I have the exact same behavior if I click on the power icon on home screen and then select shutdown or hibernate.

Either way, as far as I could observe it is normal MP behavior to minimize to tray before hibernating. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your help.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Mine does not minimize to tray on suspend/hibernation, don't have that in the log @ all (i don't use it since we have a known issue with it).
    Does the same happens if MP it's left in Home & hib after x minutes by itself?

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom