h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: LG 32"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

MediaPortal crashes once in a while after resuming from stand-by. Using TV-Server, I suspect MS SQL or the TV Server itself for causing the crash, but the logs should help find out of it's really the case...

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Have you tested with the latest SVN.

Your logs also don't contain any tvserver logs. (fixed in svn but you will have to rar the logs manualy if just RC1)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Have you tested with the latest SVN.

Your logs also don't contain any tvserver logs. (fixed in svn but you will have to rar the logs manualy if just RC1)

hm.. okay, I'll give the latest SVN a shot...

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok, tried both SVNs, none of the releases are stable enough for me yet, so I've rolled back to RC1.
    However, the occasional resume from standby crash keeps reappearing, and the few days I used SVN. Could you take a look at this, please?

I tried to restart MP after the crash, but it seemed to hang when "Loading Window Plugin". A restart of the PC helped.

Logs are attached (including tv.log).

/Christian

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As SciDoctor said with original RC1, using MPTestTool, no TVServer logs are supplied

Check these settings are enabled.

TVServer Config\General "enable TVServer waits to detect cards 20secs" also plugins\powerscheduler "reinitiliase tuner on resume" enabled

Mediaportal config\general "restart mediaportal on resume (solve nvidia prob)" enable, general\startup delay "wait for TVServer to start" enable.

make sure the time set in both TVServer powersheduler and powerscheduler client plugin are the same.

Now copy the TSWriter file to your TVServer folder, for this you will need to stop the TVService, change the name of the original file, suggest TSWriterold and the just extract to that folder, i rebooted at this point, just to make sure TVService had a clean start.

Hopefully this will solve any TVServer\MP standby issues you have, as have done multiple recordings with using standby in the past 3 days without a single failure.

Best Wishes

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cheers, I'll check all those settings asap and give it a shot - one question: what is the difference between the old TsWriter and the one you attached?

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hrm...

What's with the TsWriter you attached? Makes MediaPortal startup incredibly slow?

also, after doing all the changes, now MediaPortal Test Tool reports a crash on resuming from standby.. logs attached. Looks like the interface is resuming Okay, though??

/Christian

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What's with the TsWriter you attached? Makes MediaPortal startup incredibly slow?

Nope nothing to do with mediaportal, this is for TVServer so there should be no delay effect on MP.

In your logs, the only thing i can see is loads of network errors in the system event log, what the cause is i do not know, is there a updated driver for the network adapter available.

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well.. I tried to go back to the original TsWriter, still get the MediaPortal Test Tool crash, though - however, TV seems to work now when resuming, so... something is still not right, but it's better than before...

Haven't updated the network driver, but as far as I can see from the logs, this is related to IP address renewal, so I should basically just set the computer to a fixed IP, but I don't think that will change much in MP...

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm almost 100% sure this thread has something to do with the TV Server... today, I can't get any TV to work, tested with blazeDTV and it works perfect...

I get the "cannot create graph" error, no matter how many times I restart windows, MediaPortal or the TV Service??!!!

I've attached the TV log from today, could this shine a light on this?? This is incredibly frustrating!! :confused:

/Christian

Okay, now it seems to works again, not completely sure what did the magic trick, but here's what I did:
    Installed new TsWriter
    Installed MCE Standby tool and ticked "shutdown/resume MP from standby".
    In TV Server, re-ticked the "reinitialize tv service / tuner" service..

Also, I changed my network to use a fixed IP and instead it's pointing to a UNC path, it's pointing directly to the IP of the server instead...

I'll leave it like this for a while and keep my fingers crossed... ;)

/Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom