Resume movie from last time (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I want to play a movie from where I stopped it previously, I get a dialog asking me if I want to play it from the beginning, of from where I left of previously.
    It's presented with a Yes/No dialog, and that is fine, but when I press escape I think it should cancel the dialog, and go back to the previous menu.

Is this something that can be done in the skin-files, or is this behaviour hardcoded in the plugin itself?
    Either way, can I propose this as a configuration setting somewhere?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The way I solve it myself at the moment, is to select "Yes", and then simply immediately "stop" the movie playback.

That way the 'last resume' time is kept active, but I agree that is a workaround that would be solved with your suggestion.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im pretty sure that behaviour is hardcoded in the plugin, you definitely can't override it by skin or other method.

Its certainly does make sense to return to the previous window when you close the dialog without explicitly setting No or Yes.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue.
    Is this something that has to be put on an official list to get picked up by the devs?

TonyNeen

Portal Member
    August 29, 2012
    Cumbria
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I get the same, it also happens in TVseries aswell, it never used to be like that, not sure which version it changed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom