Resume Playback Annoyance (2 Viewers)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
December 14, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Resuming playback has been an issue for me and has been an issue for many versions of MP. After stopping a program and then wanting to continue watching where I left off I get the dialog box and choose yes to resume playback, MP will then play for a split second and revert back to the episode list, after selecting the episode again I am forced to watch the episode from the beginning. MP didn't always have this issue (I can't remember which version of MP or Windows when I started to notice this). I am currently using MP 1.25 with all plugins updated to the latest. I always do a complete fresh install with each MP version that becomes available.

I have dealt with this resume playback annoyance for a while now and was just curious if others are having this issue and if there is something that I can do on my end to resolve it?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After stopping a program and then wanting to continue watching where I left off I get the dialog box and choose yes to resume playback, MP will then play for a split second and revert back to the episode list,
    This sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember what the resolution was (or indeed whether it was resolved) :(.
    • Are you using separate client and TV server systems?
    • Does the error occur if you watch video on the TV server system?
    • Are you using codecs other than the LAV codecs?
    • Are you using Madvr instead of EVR?
    • Are you using MPAR?
    • Does the error occur if you disable all plug-ins and extensions?
    Assuming that the issue remains unresolved, be aware that you can rapidly skip to the resume point by entering four numeric digits on the remote control or keyboard whilst playing video. The four digits are interpreted as HHMM, i.e. hours and minutes from the start of the video file. (Of course, you need to know roughly where you were in the programme when you stopped playback originally.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ShadowB123

Portal Member
    December 14, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember what the resolution was (or indeed whether it was resolved) :(.
    • Are you using separate client and TV server systems?
    • Does the error occur if you watch video on the TV server system?
    • Are you using codecs other than the LAV codecs?
    • Are you using Madvr instead of EVR?
    • Are you using MPAR?
    • Does the error occur if you disable all plug-ins and extensions?
    Assuming that the issue remains unresolved, be aware that you can rapidly skip to the resume point by entering four numeric digits on the remote control or keyboard whilst playing video. The four digits are interpreted as HHMM, i.e. hours and minutes from the start of the video file. (Of course, you need to know roughly where you were in the programme when you stopped playback originally.)

I am watching mp4, avi and vob files that are stored on a shared network drive. I also use LAV codec set at default settings.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am watching mp4, avi and vob files that are stored on a shared network drive.
    I don't know what the problem might be, so you will have to use trial and error to see if you can identify the source of the problem by the process of elimination.

As you are playing files from a NAS, I would suggest that you modify your MP config and add a video folder that is on the system that you are using to view the files. Then copy several files of different types to the new video folder, and see if resume works correctly when the files are played from that folder. If it does, it indicates that there is some problem with your NAS setup (but I don't know what that problem might be).

vharten

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have attached the log of a session where I start a movie (August 6, 19:31:16), then it stops in a split second, then I start it again (at 19:31:24) and then it starts normal..

Attachments

• MediaPortal.1.log
      67.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom