Resuming from standby hangs PC (1 Viewer)

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I installed latest SVN release for MP and TVE3. Everything works great but when I but PC to sleep (Standby) and tries to turn it on again it hangs. Screen stays as black and power comes to PC. If I close MP client before standby PC wakes up correctly. Here is some error message from error.log:

2007-04-01 10:19:09.203125 [ERROR][17]: Planescene(720,576,1024,576,369333376,False,6):Unhandled exception in Error in the application. Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
at MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentSurface(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean InRepaint)

If I do not open MyTV section at all before stand by then everything works ok. But it is not so nice to have TV feature without possibility to use it :)

Can anyone help?

p.s. Is there any place where you can download IIS? If I try to install from XP installation disk then it just does not found required DLLs :mad:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I get the same error with resume. Haven't tried it with not turning on tv first though.

For IIS, do you have an XP Pro disk or just MCE or XP HOME?
    On XP Pro it's easy, but it isn't included in MCE or Home, but strangely the option is in "Add Windows Components" to turn it on. It asks for the XP disk, but gives those errors if you put in the XP Home disk.
    My guess is that it needs the XP Pro disk.

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks Marcusb about IIS issue.

I still have to other problem with 04-04-2007 13-41h Revision 13819. If I use hiberniate instead of standby then it wakes up ok. But then I receive following error message at MyTV part: "Unable to start timeshifting - unknown error occured"

Any ideas what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom