Revision 3 audio problems (starting with 0.18) (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Hey,

After I installed 0.18 (and now 0.19) I don't get any audio with the Revision 3 channel. Even if I download the episode (from the OnlineVideos plugin), the audio won't play. However, the downloaded video will play with full audio using Windows Media Player. I've attached the Graph Studio graphs from when both Media Portal and WMP are rendering the files. The graphs look pretty similar, but I can't figure out why the audio won't play in MP?

I'm not using SAF at the moment because I followed the Mediaportal Codec Guide some time ago and everything has been working perfectly. Any ideas?

Edit: Turns out this is happening with TED talks as well.

thanks

Attachments

• mp_render.JPG
    mp_render.JPG
    53.7 KB
  • wmp_render.JPG
    wmp_render.JPG
    50.1 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe Cyberlink Audio Decoder is set to SPDIF and you have an analog speaker connection, or vica versa?

This is is not specific to rev3 or the OnlineVideos Version.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Hmm...just checked that and everything looks ok. The system default audio output is my Realtek HDMI output. Yeah, this seems to be an mp4 streaming issue. Looks like Ted Talks etc are not working. I know I saw a thread about that somewhere.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Ok, I got it working. Followed the guidance in this post which basically has you install a different mp4 splitter. I just registered it and audio came out fine. I did not have to mess with codec merit values or anything.

On a side note, I found a VERY good DIRECTSHOW post at this link. It really explains things well and provides links to some good utilites (inlcuding those to change the merit value).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom