Ricavision Vista Remote with Sideshow (1 Viewer)

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Can someone please explain what sideshow actually is. Too me it seems quite simple.
The only thing needed is for the PC to send the picture shown on yar main viewing display to the remote screen.

Or do I miss something?

Hypotheticaly: If u have a MCE remote (the standard one) but with built in display (wouldnt even need touchscreen all I care.. ) that via bluetooth shows the main picture.

Ie. mediaportal image when you run mediaportal. Then you control media portal in looking at the remote screen instead of your main TV/projector screen, right??

You have the cursor keys, the media player controls and everything else you have on the standard mce remote.

Couldnt be that hard could it?? The size of the display is and the hardware in it to recieve/send/update the actual display shown by the PC are the main costs of tmaking the product.

You can allready do this with a palm pc.

$349 for that one you talk about is not that much considering it will also (via IR) control everything else that is remote controlled around yar house. Separate stuff, dvd players, lights, carport, tv's, digital set top boxes...??

two way bluetooth and one way IR for standard remote functions and a technology to show the screen shown on pc.

all I need...

/edit

what would be needed for mediaportal? instead of outputting the external display image you send it to the remote (touchscreen plugin?) with the resolution you want, wich has to be changed since the remote screens obviously are expensive to make bigger sizes and also the remote would be clumsy with a 8 or 10" display.. all though 2 handed use allready is an option with the larger Philips prontos, crestron controllers etc.

are there any crestrons or prontos with sideshow support and a big colour display to show the hole picture and not just monochrome text, lists etc?

This surely is a revolution... would love to replace my touchscreen display (that obviously isnt wireless hangning on a wall) for this kinda remote...

just imagine how useful it could be... updating tv epgs, browsing music with coverart, changing radiostations with logos etc from anywhere around the house with no need to turn on tv just to do it... all from the palm of yar hand! ;)

bonzo206

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just bought an Wifi photo frame from momento (momento 70) - primarily for slideshows in my living room.

But as it is also (and I believe the only) Slideshow device, that may be the perfect remote display for MP ;_)

I bought it for just €99,- at a german internet shop (Digitaler Bilderrahmen, Bilderrahmen?query=Bilderrahmen: i mate Digitaler 7" Bilderrahmen mit WLAN & MP3 Player "momento 70" - Digitaler Bilderrahmen?query=Digitaler Bilderrahmen / lcd bilderrahmen) and for that price its great. I already used it to stream picture via WLAN from my Windows Home Server.

Using this engadget additionally for my MP infos - that would be the optimum kick ;-)

Please have a look on this (older) test to learn more about this sweet peace of technology:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/25/hands-on-with-the-i-mate-momento-70/

As I'm not a programmer, I have no glue how to write Sideshow Plugins, but maybe you guys are capable and creative to see the potential.

Cheers Juergen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom