Ripper Issues (1 Viewer)

PeteHol

Portal Member
June 6, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just started using MPTagThat in place of the MusicMatch (pre Yahoo - won't go there...) as the CD Database used by the old version isn't updated anymore.
The issues I have are:

When it finishes ripping a CD, the CD tray should be ejected.

When it finishes ripping a CD, the folder view should be updated , and optionally the new folder created by the rip process should be the one selected in the folder view. The "optionally" setting is for multiple CD ripping sessions or for a single CD only. I've mentioned this in another post in the wrong place)

To select which tracks to rip, the check box in the table title (I assume) is meant to set all checkboxes on. It fails to do this for the first track, but does it for all the tracks.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Was a MusicMatch user myself. Had a lifelong upgade, but dumped Yaho immediately, after the first try.

1. Ejecting CD. good idea. will dothat.
    2. will make the option available in the next release
    3. checkbox update. oh, yes. have that a while and forgot to realy fix it. looks like it is checked, but for some reaon the gui isn't updated.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I recently finished ripping a bunch of CD's using MPTagThat.
    Generally, I am very satisfied with this utility.
    However, I did notice a few issues, which I think are related to the original poster in this thread.

1) In settings for MP3-ripping, could you please update the descriptions for each setting? Personally, I prefer using 256kbps - but I can't read that from any of the descriptions. I'm guessing that the "medium" setting is the correct preset, but it would be nice to be able to see.
    2) After ripping one CD, I found it much easier to quit MPTagThat and restart the program, than to get it to refresh the track list when I inserted a new CD. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am just doing it the wrong way :)

Thank you for a super utility. I am now using MPTagThat as my favorite tagging utility.

Thanks,
    Simon

mran

June 27, 2011
    Hi, I just started using your program. It's very sweet, does some wonderful things. I am having one problem, however, and have looked through the forum for a solution. It's the same as others have had here, when I finish ripping one CD and try to put in another, I have to close the program to get it to register the new CD. I see several places to "refresh," but nothing is refreshing. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom