Ripping DVD's & CDs (1 Viewer)

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia
Hey guys is there a plugin that will allow me to rip a dvd and or cd to my hdd?
Ideally i would like to be able to rip to divx/xvid and mp3

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
would be nice for those people who are not common with PC-Stuff to increase their music-database without the necessarity of knowlegde of ripping

eagle

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia
eagle said:
would be nice for those people who are not common with PC-Stuff to increase their music-database without the necessarity of knowlegde of ripping

eagle

You lost me there buddy, can we have that in english please?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
I wouldn't like to blame you. Be aware that I'm not a native Englishspeaker

I agree with you that there should be a possibilty to rip cds to mp3. I mean that especially people who don't want (or are not able) to use other programs to rip cds would like such a feature.

eagle

english enough?

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia
eagle said:
I wouldn't like to blame you. Be aware that I'm not a native Englishspeaker

I agree with you that there should be a possibilty to rip cds to mp3. I mean that especially people who don't want (or are not able) to use other programs to rip cds would like such a feature.

eagle

english enough?

Yeah thats better, sorry i thought you were giving me a lecture on the ethics/morals of ripping

Edit: Spelling, oops!

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia
voxmortis said:
Name me one person who's gonna install Media Portal and who doesn't know how to rip a CD or DVD!

Its not a matter of if you can do it or not. Of course i can rip a cd/dvd but i would like to be able to do it from my remote control and have the rest of the family be able to do it too at the click of a button.

I work part time for a friend in a computer store and this is one of the most common questions about windows media centre i get, so surely i am not the only media portal user out there who is wanting to do this too?

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
true..I only Rip CDs via Windows Media Player. No intention to rip DVDs.
Haven't tried via mediaportal - haven't bothered to find out how!

Would be good, if a new CD inserted, that it rips it according to WMP settings. Maybe this is a feature request?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
mhz said:
Yeah thats better, sorry i thought you were giving me a lecture on the ethics/morals of ripping

:D

mhz said:
i would like to be able to do it from my remote control and have the rest of the family be able to do it too at the click of a button.

that's the point

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread