Ripping TV shows to AVI or other formats (1 Viewer)

thalor

March 11, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What software can do this in BAtch mode so I can rip my TV shows to the HD in AVI format. I use the MYTVShows plug in and so far I've found a couple of progs that do it, but not very well. Any insight would be appreciated.

:D

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
for free there is handbrake for windows, personally I bought DVDfab and use this. It really is a bit of trial and error to find some software that you like.

thalor

March 11, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have DVDFAB Platinum. Does it do batch encoding of the individual episodes? I havent checked.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Personally use MCEBuddy, set it to convert after 14 days (You really do not want every single show converted) by then will have watched and deleted what i do not want to keep, and have set it to convert during night hours only, with powerscheduler set to ignore shutdown whilst memcoder is running, so it will suspend when the process has finished.

And the bonus is, it runs comskip, so the add's disappear as well.

h.264 output with this is fantastic, no quality loss that i can see to original DVB recording.

MCEBuddy.JPG

bolders

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey PD

does MCEbuddy also work with ts files generated by TV server. Ive just had a quick scan of the homepage and it only mentions DVR-MS files.

Thanks

bolders

edit\

How accurate is the comskip function at only removing adds and not the actual program data and also how do you get the TV database to recognise the new files as they have a different file extension.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    ts file setup is shown in config picture :)

You lose the TV info, but most things i record are films\TVSeries so the 2 relevant plugins are used, it does mean renaming files according.

Sorry yet to find the magic, i do not have to do anything manually answer yet :(

comskip works for me as it is, but you may need one of the different country ini files to get the best commercial skip for you. (link on mcebuddy's homepage).

bolders

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi

ts file setup is shown in config picture :)

Sorry would help if i looked properly lol

Great source btw just what ive been looking for - simple and effective.

However I have another question - I assume you are converting to h.264. This would be my prefered option but on the test I have done using h.264, with a .ts file created by TV server, I get good quality picture but no audio. DivX works fine tho :confused:

Have you had any problems like this or do you have any suggestions

again thanks

bolders

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Yep using h.264 as format to convert to.

dropped one of the files into gspot and it shows audio is going through ffdshow, as i use the cccp (combined community codec pack) which includes ffdshow and in MP config ffdshow is used for all audio codec choices, maybe that is why mine works and yours does not

bolders

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    ahh ill give that a go

I used to use cccp but droped it in order to keep the number of codecs installed to a minimum. I only have coreAVC, nvidia pure video and DivX installed at the mo.

Cheers for the info

bolders

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My MCEBuddy keeps crashing about 10% into any video file. I'm trying to use 1.0.8, you guys ever had any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom