RTSP client session timed out (due to inactivity) (1 Viewer)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: tvengine3 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface 1.6
    Windows Version: Windows 2003 R2 SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo T5600 1830 MHz
    HDD: Samsung HD103UJ 1000GB
    Memory: 2x1024 MB Corsair DDR2 667MHz
    Motherboard: AOpen i945GTm-VHL
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE passive
    Video Card Driver: Forceware 163.75
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC882D HD Audio (onBoard)
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: R1.82
    1. TV Card: FireDTV BDA DVB-C (Floppy DTV)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 02/04/2007, 4.8.0 BDA Driver
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow / dscaler
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow / dscaler
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: unity digital TV
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC11m silver
    Cooling: 120mm Papst 4412F/2GLL / Sharkoon SilentEagle / passive
    Power Supply: mCubed EF16 160W external passive cooled
    Remote: Gyration GYR3101US
    TV: Panasonic TX-26LX50F
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Since RC2 installation I am getting the error

19-07-2008 01:46:54 RTSP client session from 192.168.0.10 has timed out (due to inactivity) (0) (55deeb8)

after 45 seconds of watching an RTSP stream from my TV-Server (different machine). Watching TV on the Server itself works without an issue. I haven't changed any setting / driver / whatsoever since migrating from RC1 to RC2. (I have seen the two other threads on this but they are way outdated plus don't offer a solution).

Any suggestions ?

-level20peon

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yesterday in IRC you reported that RC2 doesnt work for you, so i guess you got it working? ;)

Since RC2 release my wife and kids watch TV for ~6 hours in multiseat, no issue.

because you decided to ignore the ::guideline:: and not provided ALL logfiles from TV-Server and MediaPortal, i have no cue why it could have failed for you.

So please attach ALL logfiles which were created at the moment the issue occured, and i will take a look.

:D

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yesterday in IRC you reported that RC2 doesnt work for you, so i guess you got it working? ;)

Yes, I wrote this in IRC afterwards, too... must have got lost in the flood of posts:D

Since RC2 release my wife and kids watch TV for ~6 hours in multiseat, no issue.

I also can watch TV when I install MediaPortal on a client PC without any problems. I should have been more specific, sorry. Only RTSP streaming itself (without MediaPortal client) stops after 45 seconds. So if I start timeshifting on the Server and then connect to the RTSP stream via VLC the stream dies after this period of time (Timeshifting doesn't stop then, just the streaming). Gemx' MP-TV-Client doesn't work anymore either... well it works but just for 45 seconds. As you can see it doesn't matter whether the user starting the stream is on the Server itself or on a client machine.
    I hope this reflects my problem more accurate ;) I am attaching the other TV-Server logs but as I said, there is nothing wrong in there (as timeshifting continues). Sorry for ignoring the guidelines, I think it is clear now why I did this :sorry:

-level20peon

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ILoop,

I do not want to cause bad blood, or attack you, and can understand your stance with reports without logs, but general users could see responses like yours as maybe a bit hostile or agressive?????

this is just from my perspective from viewing this thread...........sorry.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ILoop,

I do not want to cause bad blood, or attack you, and can understand your stance with reports without logs, but general users could see responses like yours as maybe a bit hostile or agressive?????

this is just from my perspective from viewing this thread...........sorry.
    developers need logs to get a clue about the issue and ultimately HELP the user.

it is bejond my grasp why it is soo hard to follow the guideline :confused:
    exporting logs takes only 2 mouseclicks with the tools we provide.

the users should finally get aware that they shoot into their own leg by not providing all required informations.

in the future i will delete such incomplete threads even faster.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I also can watch TV when I install MediaPortal on a client PC without any problems. I should have been more specific, sorry. Only RTSP streaming itself (without MediaPortal client) stops after 45 seconds. So if I start timeshifting on the Server and then connect to the RTSP stream via VLC the stream dies after this period of time (Timeshifting doesn't stop then, just the streaming).
    Now that really is a differnet topic then. :)

It sounds like the "heartbeat feature" turns of the RTSP stream. but if you really tuned the channel inside "manual control", this should not happen.

so you:
    1. tune a channel with "TV-Server Configuration -> manual control"
    2. started i.e. VLC
    3. connect to the stream
    4. stream "disspears"

i justed tested this here, and i can reproduce the issue with VLC.
    the TV-Server is stilled tuned to the channel (timeshiting) but after ~45secs, the image freezes inside VLC, but no errors logged in VLC.
    streamserver.log tells that the connection timed out.

If i the close VLC and connect to the same stream again, i see the same 45seconds again until it "freezes".
    so it seems like the streambuffer is only filled with data for ~45seconds.

on the same client PC a MediaPortal 1.0 RC2 + Clientplugin installation works like a charm without any issues, which also just watches the RTSP stream.

in the past it worked using VLC to tune such a RTSP stream created by manual control.
    now it seems like there is some "45seconds" timeout which is not releated anyway to the "heartbeat" feature as there is no log inside tv.log about it.
    somehow have a bad feeling to know where this comes from.

i will add this to mantis and have a work with the dev i have in mind right now. ;)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. I didn't see your response as hostile by the way, in fact you're right. I should know better and post logs without being asked for it, but I hope it is general understanding now that this after all was not helpfull _this time_, since there really isn't something in there giving information on what is happening. But thank you, too charli181 :) This is all my fault anyway, I didn't properly describe the error... so don't be mad at each other and sorry for the fuss :sorry:

-level20peon

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got bad news for you. I just uninstalled RC2 to test this but now every single build including RC1 itself shows the same behaviour. I don't know why this is the case because I cleaned up every file manually plus nothing should be registered anyway after uninstalling.
    Latest build of RC1 I had up and running before installing RC2 for the first time however was Rev19453.

-level20peon

emb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    If it's any help, I've just come across the same problem. In my case, however, it seems entirely client related. I have two separate client PCs set up with MP TV Client V1.2.5 and VLC. One machine can stream from the server just fine, the other stops after 45 seconds as described.

Note that the one which works is using VLC 0.8.6e whereas the one which doesn't uses VLC 0.8.6i. I'll see if I can install the older version on the non-working PC to see if that helps.

Cheers,

emb

I just downgraded the non-working machine to VLC 0.8.6e and it now works fine. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

emb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom