[further infos missing] runaway recordings (1 Viewer)

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide modified for more lines
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: Phenom II 550BE
HDD:
Memory:4Gb DDR3 1333:
Motherboard:ASRock M3A790GXH/128M:
Video Card:Asus EAH4770:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix (1st tuner)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix (2nd tuner)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: TwinHan VP3020
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Pair of runaway recordings.

TVService had crashed, starting the frontend showed garbage and no way to kill the recordings. Tried stopping the service directly from XP services control and it wouldn't, only restarting the PC at around 23:25 shut it down.

I was playing QuakeLive on the server PC when it failed and that's probably what triggered MySql to fall over. Would be nice is if losing the db didn't lock the tvservice like this.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Paul Shirley

There is nothing we can do about such a report as you have not provided the logs. Please post logs as per our support thread rules.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Paul

If MySQL did indeed fall over (I can't tell this without the system event log) then TV Server certainly followed it down:

2011-09-01 21:24:32.631823 [scheduler thread(16)]: scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception Gentle.Common.GentleException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLFactory.AddParameter(IDbCommand cmd, String name, Int64 dbType)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder.AddParameter(String name, FieldMap fm)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder.AddConstraint(Operator op, String field, Object value, Boolean isCaseSensitive)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder.AddConstraint(Operator op, String field, Object value)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.RetrieveOnce(Int32 idChannel, String programName, DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime)
    at TvService.Scheduler.CreateSpawnedOnceSchedule(Schedule schedule, Program current)
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecordEveryTimeOnThisChannel(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime)
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)
    at TvService.Scheduler.StartAnyDueRecordings()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()
    2011-09-01 21:24:47.909855 [scheduler thread(16)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

TV Server is always going to struggle if the DB goes down. After all, all the scheduling information, all the program information, all the channel information... its all stored in the database. If TV Server doesn't know when a schedule is meant to stop then isn't it better that it keeps recording? That way at least you don't miss the recording. ;)

mm

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    I'm not complaining (much) that TVservice fails if the db goes down, the problem is how badly it goes down. Continuing to record is a reasonable option, though one I'd prefer is stopping at the last stop time it grabbed from the db because a full drive is never good.

It's needing to reboot the entire PC to clear the error.

I needed to restart in a hurry or I'd have tried restarting the MySQL service to see if that unlocked TVService. There's a problem though, XP will try to stop dependent services 1st and I don't know if that can complete if TVService refuses to shutdown. Really need TVService to always be stoppable, whatever happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom