S3/Standby problems Nforce2 & sata2 drive (1 Viewer)

Nefius

Portal Pro
December 15, 2005
The Netherlands
Hi people,

I have this HTPC since january, but due the fact i had a TV problem with MP which couldn't be resolved, i had to switch towards MCE, which worked fine for the time being (Including kick ass S3/Standby mode).
So 2.0.4 of MP came out and i thought.. let's give it another try and with good results! It works like a charm.
So i bought an extra 160Gb Sata2 Maxtor drive and tried a fresh install on this disk and removed my older 80gb disk.

Somehow this is where it goes wrong, my kick ass S3/Standby modus doesn't work anymore. And if i put back the 80 gig ATA disk and disable the SATA disk, it works again.

So somehow it has to be my Sata controller (Nforce2 onboard controller, Nforce2 sata drivers or disk).

I have installed a plain Win XP SP2 with only the WHQL drivers and nothing else, and still the problem excist (with only SATA drive connected).

I have an Asus A7N8X-XE motherboard and the Sata drive is a Maxtor 160 GB Sata2.

Has anybody else have the same experience with the sata controller/drivers/disk and S3/Standby problems?

Nefius

Portal Pro
December 15, 2005
The Netherlands
Oops.. forget to mention that :)

well, it goes into standby mode (everyhing turns off, only power on the memory and usb ports). But when i turn it back on, everything starts again (fan's hdd), but i totally get no screen and the led from the HDD is staying red.

So it hangs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom